Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Violeiro

15 minutes ago, Dave F said:

Nice!

How do you like the aged top with the thin finish? The one on my SJ reminds of some vintage '50's guitars I've played, not '40's but that's okay with me. I like it.

Absolutely love it. All of my latest guitars have had the aged tops, that is my preference. Although, my next guitar coming next month does not have the aged top nor the thin finish 😞 .... nonetheless, I can't wait for it - 000-28EC.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Violeiro said:

Absolutely love it. All of my latest guitars have had the aged tops, that is my preference. Although, my next guitar coming next month does not have the aged top nor the thin finish 😞 .... nonetheless, I can't wait for it - 000-28EC.

I've had a couple 000-28EC. Loved them. One of the few Martin short scales and I like the 000 body style.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dave F said:

I've had a couple 000-28EC. Loved them. One of the few Martin short scales and I like the 000 body style.

I had a 000-28EC for a day and it was an incredible guitar. I have had other 000-28 Custom shop with red spruce, etc... but the EC is on a league of its own IMO.

2 hours ago, Violeiro said:

Nice new axe. The back looks cool. I own a 000-28 and have played a 000-28EC and they are really two different guitars. If I didn't already have a 000, the EC would have went home with me that day.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Violeiro said:

I've got one of those. They are very nice guitars.

• Like 1

Violeiro...Beautiful guitar congradulations! I have one of these in this color (but it is the standard model) Occasionally I take it camping with me in summer if the weather and humidity are not to high on the given weekend. Hah! One time I pulled it out and sat on a folding chair by my camper, and before I even began to play it, a small audience of campers collected, just to see the thing! Ooooo!! Ahhhh! What a beautiful guitar they commented, play us a song!! Such an iconic guitar, professional or non-professional, everyone seems to recognize and love a Gibson Hummingbird! Best of luck with yours, and congrats! it is a beautiful color and a true acoustic guitar classic as I'm sure you already have found out!

gibson HB reduced size.jpg

• Like 1

Helouuuu ^ always a fest to see new a Bird fly in. I still find them highly intriguing, , , to play and to look at. Your second - which inevitably makes me ask :                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Do you remember the first one clearly enough to compare ?

Enjoy this beautiful and most likely incredible guitar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E-minor7 said:

Helouuuu ^ always a fest to see new a Bird fly in. I still find them highly intriguing, , , to play and to look at. Your second - which inevitably makes me ask :                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Do you remember the first one clearly enough to compare ?

Enjoy this beautiful and most likely incredible guitar. 

No, unfortunately. Although I don't remember the first being as light as the second.