Gibson Brands Forums

Has Clapton Lost the Plot?

IanHenry

2 hours ago, IanHenry said:

I saw this article about Eric Clapton and I'm struggling to understand just what he's trying to say, he seems to have lost the plot.

Eric Clapton believes 'mass formation hypnosis' made people get COVID vaccine (msn.com)

He’s an old bitter anti-vax uninformed ex-racist guitarist who I don’t give a squirt of p-iss  about anymore.

I don’t think I’d go see him play if it was for free and across street from my house.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 2

opinions are like A$$holes  everyone has one,  ones "lofty" position based on celebrity status doesn't make theirs any more valid than mine, or yours.

problem with most of society today is some of these "people" seem to think people like "us" care what they think..  Most of us simply don't.

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 2

Almost 900K dead in the US, and over 5.5M dead around the world. Probably at least ten times more hospitalized. Looks a lot like a conspiracy to me. I didn't know you could hypnotize people to die. Unvaccinated are twenty times more likely to die. Clapton should just shut up and play his geetar.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

Almost 900K dead in the US, and over 5.5M dead around the world. Probably at least ten times more hospitalized. Looks a lot like a conspiracy to me. I didn't know you could hypnotize people to die. Unvaccinated are twenty times more likely to die. Clapton should just shut up and play his geetar.

Clapton don't care he rich. Me not so much. Go take your Strat and shove it Eric. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

He is starting to lose his marbles in public.

It reminds me of when Clint Eastwood put an empty chair on the stage at some political event and started talking to the empty chair to try and get some sort of point across.  It was kind of hard to watch.

Edited by SteveFord
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jvi said:

do people have to "like" an artist to like thier music ? If people dont like someones opinion does that make thier music sheet ?

No you don't have to like the artist as a person to like their music, but I can no longer stand the site of Bruce, Neil and Bono cause they think they are politicians and need to tell people what to do and what political party to support. So I used to listen to Bruce and Neil but not anymore. They could care less cause they are rich b-astards and can do whatever they want due to their wealth. And Bruce's, Bono's and a lot of Neil's music is s-hit.  And us people who buy and go to concerts we can say your not getting my $, but like I said it doesn't matter their kids kids kids will never have to work a day in their lives, but us slobs still need to hit the grindstone.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, jvi said:

maybe they care about the world ...

Last I check I am an adult and can make my own dissisions. Are Bruce, Bono or Neil some sort of super political geniuses we don't know about and if so put down the guitar and mic and run for office.

They care about lining their pockets with cash.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

9 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Last I check I am an adult and can make my own dissisions. Are Bruce, Bono or Neil some sort of super political geniuses we don't know about and if so put down the guitar and mic and run for office.

They care about lining their pockets with cash.

sorry you need more money, you should have worked harder AND, why not  quit quoting and trying to argue with me.

13 minutes ago, jvi said:

sorry you need more money, you should have worked harder AND, why not  quit quoting and trying to argue with me.

I'm retired now but I could always use more $. I do okay and I don't eat dog food. I only argue with you cause I don't like what you post, it goes both ways huh . . .

Do some research the people that made and help make the music we love are at times bad people. Its just a fact. Many are drug addicts, kill people, drive drunk and impaired, commit other crimes and fuk their band mates over for $.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

@jvi lol these people don't care about the world.  These are tributes to the temple of the self.  And if someone is a pedo let's say that made multiple platinum albums or legendary movies, yeah that's enough for me to stop listening/watching.  Don't like Michael Jackson, (never have as I like me some good 'ol Pantera) but he built a place called Neverland in his backyard to invite your little boy over for a sleepover.  Every time I hear his crap playing say at a store or wherever I go in public (happening to play his garbage), I think that this song has to be where he's saying that he wants to show your little boy his (skin bleached maybe) Oscar Meyer hot dog.  I don't understand why people listen to that SOB anymore...  it's like buying shoes from Nike who have sweat shops for little children in Asia where we in America pay hundreds (maybe more?) for Michael Jordan's shoes.  If you have enough money, you have the freedom to do whatever you want.  It's the way of the world.  Hasn't changed since the inception of humanity, just different actors playing the same script over and over again until we burn together on this God-forsaken planet.  

And yeah, how do you go from being black as he was to looking almost Latino?  I thought he looked like a Latina woman personally...  I digress.  EC, yeah, whatever.  

Edited by NighthawkChris

17 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

@jvi lol these people don't care about the world.  These are tributes to the temple of the self.  And if someone is a pedo let's say that made multiple platinum albums or legendary movies, yeah that's enough for me to stop listening/watching.  Don't like Michael Jackson, (never have as I like me some good 'ol Pantera) but he built a place called Neverland in his backyard to invite your little boy over for a sleepover.  Every time I hear his crap playing say at a store or wherever I go in public (happening to play his garbage), I think that this song has to be where he's saying that he wants to show your little boy his (skin bleached maybe) Oscar Meyer hot dog.  I don't understand why people listen to that SOB anymore...  it's like buying shoes from Nike who have sweat shops for little children in Asia where we in America pay hundreds (maybe more?) for Michael Jordan's shoes.  If you have enough money, you have the freedom to do whatever you want.  It's the way of the world.  Hasn't changed since the inception of humanity, just different actors playing the same script over and over again until we burn together on this God-forsaken planet.  

And yeah, how do you go from being black as he was to looking almost Latino?  I thought he looked like a Latina woman personally...  I digress.  EC, yeah, whatever.  

I love when the Canadian guy swoops in and gives us his PC views of the world, and tell us were a-holes for being mean.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, jvi said:

Maybe you need to make more money and should have worked harder so that you wouldn't come out of the wood work to pick fights with Pepper?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, duane v said:

In todays social environment you get the measure of a person not on the day they did the very, very best thing, but rather on the day they did the very worst thing.

Kinda weird how we communicate things to each other in these times. 

You can build a 1000 bridges and they will never call you a bridge builder but you . . .  you know how the rest goes. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

Mass Formation Hypnosis....

"The theory of mass formation hypnosis came to public attention after featuring on an episode of the Joe Rogan Experience podcast late last year, but has been dismissed by academics".

That tells you all you need to know.     It's why we all bought LPs, innit?

I can see there is also something called Mass DisinFormation Hypnosis too, on this here planet in 2022.   Ask Tucker Carlson for details.

Edited by jdgm
  • Thanks 2