Gibson Brands Forums

NJD

Sgt. Pepper

Even though I am retired, I need to get out of the house to do something. I took a job at The Carolina Opry as an usher / ticket scanner, and then maybe get trained on all the stations in the Theater. I started two days ago on Wednesday. This is the same place I saw Lyle Lovett. On my first day I was asked if I wanted to do security for Blues Traveler. I said "Yep". Its 2 and a half hours a day unless you work in other parts of the theater. I start at 5pm and I am off  promptly at 730pm, a half hour after the show starts. 

I get to see any of the shows for free. Mrs. Gladys Knight is coming in the summer and Blues Traveler is in August.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Brrr-zaaaap!!!

You going to hit see Roxy Music?

Nope. If Eno and Eddie were going to be in the band, maybe. I like Stranded, Country Life and by Siren it was starting to lose its luster. The first two have a few songs I like. I love the crazy Virginia Plain. The lounge act Roxy is what I would put on to go to sleep to.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

A very exciting gig!
Congrats. 

I'm headed toward retirement at the end of this year myself. 

Am I correct in that you can earn up to $18,000 a year (in retirement) on side hustles, without it decrementing your Social Security dollar for dollar?

🙂 

I know next to nothing about Feral Income Taxes, and we don't have a state income tax here ...  but, I would consider, in addition to the impact on your SS payments,  how it would impact what you would pay. If you have something like TurboTax, you can do a 'sensitivity' test - take your current tax file and make one change - add $18K to regular income, and see how it impacts what you owe  Big Bro.  In other words - are you going to work your butt off and wind up with, not $18K, but only $10K ?   

Good going.  My daughter's ex boyfriend had a job that got him some perks...

He worked for a local music store that supplied various venues with sound and instrument equipment(amps, PAs etc.) and while delivering some equipment to Detroit's Chene Park amphitheater(now called the Aretha Franklin amphitheater) for a B.B. King show, he stuck around to listen to B. B.  and even copped an autograph for me.  [thumbup]

Getting PAID to see B.B. in action.  Nice work if you can get it.  [wink]  Enjoy the job sarge.  And let us know who you've witnessed from time to time.

Whitefang

Here is from Sunday night I was a scanner. I was going to go to the show, but my wife was not feeling good as she partied to hard the night before seeing our neighbors band. I stuck around for two songs after I got off. I saw Bennie and Rocket Man. He was introduced as Almost Elton John.

n7hFzuw.jpg