Gibson Brands Forums

You know you are getting old when........

Rabs

1 hour ago, Notes_Norton said:

When AARP mail shows up in your mailbox.

1 hour ago, gearbasher said:

When ads for cemetery plots come in the mail. 

😵 I'VE been getting stuff like that in my mail for YEARS!! (EEp!)  Starting when I was 45!

Whitefang

37 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

When you often say, "Our music was better!"

True story;

My Mom and I would sometimes get into these mock arguments about music.  She of course, claiming music in HER day was better, and I taking the opposing stance.  She'd maybe say, "Yeah, yeah, yeah!  Those are supposed to be LYRICS?  Lyrics in my day were more like poetry!"   And I'd counter with, "Yeah.  POETRY like, MAIRZY DOTES and "Hut Sut Rawlson on the  rillerah" ?  We'd go back and forth like this.  But on one day, my Grandmother came in(Mom's Mother)  and asked, "Oh, for Christ's sake.  What are you two bickering about now?"   And my Mom piped up and said, "I'm just telling him how terrible the music kids listen to these days is."  And Grandma tickled me with her reply.  She made a slightly sour face and said,

"Oh, yes.  It's almost as bad as that crap you used to listen to.!"  [laugh]  It was the "almost" that broke me up!  \:D/

Whitefang

• 1 month later...

Carrying on..

I realised today that I have been drinking out of the same mug for about 23 years now  😄  

Its a Playstation mug from my days in the gaming industry (which is how I know how old it it) and oddly doesnt look old at all,,  

It was just as I was making a cuppa earlier and realised that this mug is almost twice as old as my niece  😄  Really does make you feel so old.

• Like 1

The past couple of days,  I've been playing playlists I put together on Spotify.  (have given up on iTunes) and suddenly  realized half the artists I'm listening to are dead.   Sort of flashes through my short term memory when you read an article that a 60's rock star passed away -   but when you get reminded every 3 minutes when a new song comes up and the singer is long gone the cumulative effect sort of overwhelms you.  Makes you stop and think.   And decide it's better to NOT think.  Just listen.  

• Like 1

That's a good idea Forty.  And what I do too.  But still get affected by the fact they're gone now.  And many of them way too soon.  I have several CDs burned by  a couple people I know back in the "Napster" and "Limewire" days that are compilations of tunes by many who are long gone, and some not that long gone.  

Whitefang

21 hours ago, bigtim said:

When they play Back in Black on the oldies station

Ha!  Yep.  My 2nd daughter(47) said she felt that when listening to an oldies station on a lark, and heard "Paisley Park".  [wink]

And that was the morning of my 50th birthday which was in 2001.

Whitefang

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

When  you finish paying at the grocery store for your box of cereal, loaf of bread and can of soup and the bagger asks if you want help out to your car ? 

Well, I haven't been asked that(yet),  but I don't need help getting the groceries out to the car, but really could use some help getting them into the house.  [wink]

48 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

Thanks Whitefang,

I'm not old after all 🙂

So, I'm guessing you've never seen this( due to age, or just being in the UK)?

Whitefang