Gibson Brands Forums

Jeff Beck R.I.P :o(

Rabs

Of everything I have seen or heard of him playing.. This has to be the best example of just how amazing he was (was 😞 )..  Its a master class in gigs and playing the guitar. There wont ever be another like him, thats for sure..  And remember, this is the man that turned down the Rolling Stones to do his own thing.

• Like 1

Immeasurably sad.

I'm stunned that Jeff Beck has died (after “suddenly contracting bacterial meningitis”). A brilliant musician and lovely human being who paid me the great honor of coming to my gig at Ronnie Scott’s some years ago, sitting in the front row, and complementing me afterward. He and I spent the remainder of the evening passing my 1943 Banner Gibson SJ back and forth, playing songs. Today is a very sad day for me.

19 minutes ago, saturn said:

Drummer in my band used to work in record biz and somehow dealt with Jeff back in the 90s. He gave me a few jars of these several years ago. I actually love these picks for playing, but the writing will rub off with use.

RifJez4l.jpg

That’s cool, but Jeff stopped using a pick decades ago. Now he’s with some of the greatest looking down on us clowns.