Gibson Brands Forums

Oh man

sparquelito

1 hour ago, kelly campbell said:

Man that sucks!  Does  Your home owners insurance cover it or will the cable company?

I'm just guessing, the cable company would be liable. But if it were me, that cable company would be paying thru the nose for that repair!

(If I even watched TV,  but just for the sake of conversation...)

😃

Dated September.  Hopefully the guy got 'made whole'  as the legal eagles call it.   Or, screwed as the insurance adjusters call it. 

We often hear here -  "Don't hang your guitar on an exterior wall, due to the possibility of heat and cold and humidity getting it."   Here's another reason.   But really, in a case in a closet - you'd think it'd be safe.    Too bad the Cable Guy didn't hit an electrical wire first.   

• Upvote 1

If the guitar guy had a GOOD lawyer, he would have gotten a new guitar out of this (probably a Gibson)  AND he would have gotten a $Million for  Pain and Suffering and another $Million of punitive damages.   And, based on the lawyer's usual take - another $2M for legal fees. 

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

If the guitar guy had a GOOD lawyer, he would have gotten a new guitar out of this (probably a Gibson)  AND he would have gotten a $Million for  Pain and Suffering and another $Million of punitive damages.   And, based on the lawyer's usual take - another $2M for legal fees. 

FYP.,

You really must stop sniffing that Gibson Guitar Polish. It's addling your brain.

If it was really necessary to hire a  lawyer to get this resolved satisfactorilly, and he allowed the other lawyer to negotiate down from a Martin to a Gibson, he would be in deep $hit.

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo

23 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

FYP.,

You really must stop sniffing that Gibson Guitar Polish. It's addling your brain.

If it was really necessary to hire a  lawyer to get this resolved satisfactorilly, and he allowed the other lawyer to negotiate down from a Martin to a Gibson, he would be in deep $hit.

RBSinTo

Had to add that  dig that the injured party will get a Gibson to replace his Martin -   to see if I could get a rise out of someone here.     You could call it 'Trolling" , but since this is a Gibson site, I guess you'd have to call it something else.  

7 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Had to add that  dig that the injured party will get a Gibson to replace his Martin -   to see if I could get a rise out of someone here.     You could call it 'Trolling" , but since this is a Gibson site, I guess you'd have to call it something else.  

They should just do the new woke thing and cancel Martin’s here. 

Kind of backfired with Aldean and instead of his video, it just made that song on all the Ken and Barbie Country Radio Stations #1.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 8/7/2023 at 8:10 AM, Sheepdog1969 said:

Imagine if your infant child's crib was next to said wall. 

Not a guitar, or a baby, but some years ago we were having our small office expanded out into the next area.  The contractor hired a crew that was, well, let’s say at best, capable.  Kinda the three stooges meets one of those flipping shows.  Still,  everyone was looking forward to the new space, so we all good-naturedly kept working through the construction racket, dust, and blaring music from their radio. That was bad enough for my folks to put up with, but when the foot-long, half-inch drill bit suddenly pierced the wall 6 inches from an employee’s face, and the crew couldn’t hear us screaming to stop, over their radio, that was it. I threw a  holy s***-storm at the yahoos.  

• Upvote 1