Gibson Brands Forums

What does your forum name mean?

MojoRedFoot

Some of you guys and gals have some strange names. What's the meaning behind them?

Cruzn...I know yours and I still think it is classic. Tell me you have a vanity plate w/ CRZN FRT or something like that.

I'll start. mojoredfoot. Very simple. I have a pet redfoot tortoise named Mojo.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some of you guys and gals have some strange names. What's the meaning behind them?

Cruzn...I know yours and I still think it is classic. Tell me you have a vanity plate w/ CRZN FRT or something like that.

I'll start. mojoredfoot. Very simple. I have a pet redfoot tortoise named Mojo.

Heh...no, I don't really care for vanity plates. It's difficult enough to blend in on a half-ton, bright red sickle as it is, then you add my "colors" and it's a fair bet, if you've seen me before you'll know who I am. I guess I don't need to spend the extra $$$$ to make sure of it. :)

Me, I'm just an old country boy who's traveled a bit and read a book.

Sorghum. That's what it is, most likely. Sorghum molasses perhaps.

Or... Milo was said to be a strong wrestler, and friend of Pythagoras. One story tells of the wrestler saving the philosopher's life when a roof was about to collapse upon him, and another that Milo may have married the philosopher-mathematician's daughter Myia. Yup. Pythagoras was a buddy. Taught me about triangles - and that's on the square.

Hmmmmm.

That's really not true. I really was born in 1453 in the Highlands of Scotland in the year of the fall of Constantinople; my parents said I cried out for the lost empire of the East. And truly, I have a sword crafted in Japan.

Or... maybe July 15, 1842, in Vermont and enlisted in the 112th Illinois in late August of 1862. One actually might find that one in both states' records - and that is not a joke.

Hmmmm.

Or... milod is another form of spelling for melody, but in the masculine rather than feminine.

Hmmmm.

m

It's a feeling,a way of life - 'cause I am.....Lowdown.[biggrin]

It's also the name I register my music under.

I like its connotations. It describes me to a T. I know my place and am as happy as a pig in sh*t in it. Don't need no pedestal/soapbox. I'm everyman,common,that bloke who'll give you his last $.

Have no intentions of being "Uptown".

"You are what you is" - F. Zappa...just accept it and crack me another brew.:)

Archived