Gibson Brands Forums

Low hangers...

daveinspain

me at rehersals, i too have mine about belt level...although when i play the rg770 i play a lot of drop d flat rhythm stuff so it feels comfortable no matter how low i hang it, as you know playing in that tuning is easier on the wrist [bored]

sn150106.jpg

I've heard that your guitar should be at the same level standing up as sitting down, so that's what I try to do. Not as cool, but I find that if I don't, my hand positions change and it makes it harder to mute strings or get to the proper position to grab chords (stubby fingers).

Right about here for the semi' date=' just a skosh lower for the solid bodies. Easy on the wrists.

[img']http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/Cruznolfart/IMG_1088.jpg[/img]

That's the most confortable way to play. I used to hate it and play just like slash (really low) and then one day an older guy told me to try his guitar, the strap didn't have any lenght changin thingy and so I ended up playing it all high like that. Never looked back. That's the most confortable way of playing. :)

Right around the belt level I guess' date=' but here is my question: [b']what is the belt level? Is it where the top of the guitar is at the belt, the middle, the bottom?[/b] What?

I have the middle-top at the belt level

Good question. Mine is Center of the back of my Nighthawk, just a couple inches higher for the Strats.

I was taught when I sit down to practice, wear my strap and sit straight up. Good posture.

While sitting I adjust my strap so it is comfortable. Thus when I stand up, the guitar is in the

same position as it was while sitting and practicing, that way the guitar is still in alignment just as it

was while I was practicing.

/cheers

Archived