Gibson Brands Forums

Who's Your Favorite Lyrics Writer?

zigzag

I think Billy Joel is a great lyric writer. His songs always come from a unique perspective or they're about interesting subject matter. He doesn't write generic lyrics, like "I love you, do you love me too? What are we gonna do?"

Plus the words always rhyme and flow very naturally, without sounding forced or contrived.

Brian May' date=' Adam Duritz, Dave Mathews, Paulo Nutini, to name but a few..[/quote']

Adam Duritz? Really? I'll give people leeway on personal preference, but this guy is the worst; right up there with Scott Weiland. None of his lyrics make sense and you can tell he is trying to be the tortured artist on a jr. high education. "All My Love (Richard Manuel Is Dead)" is stupid name dropping with no purpose.

Bob Dylan.

He pretty much has written the soundtrack to my life from "Blowin' In the Wind" to "Idiot Wind" to "Not Dark Yet" to...you get my drift.

Absolutely' date=' SweetMarie. [thumbup

I'm right with you on the Bob Dylan thing.

Although like all of my opinions, it's not quite so clear cut, and of course it's subject to change. But I've listened to Dylan since I was very young...Some may argue that I'm still very young, but I mean even younger than I am now.

Archived