Gibson Brands Forums

What strings do you use?

jmoore5000

What strings do you prefer? Dislike? Want to try? What strings are terrible? Overrated? Gauge?

Should make for lively debate.

I like Dunlop strings. I like the sound they don't go dead too quick. I like using .11's, once you get used to them they sound pretty good and personally I can't tell they're that much thicker.

Not I big fan of dean markley's. They don't feel good on my fingers and are too bright for my tastes.

EB's, Gibson's, are GHS are also on my guitar from time to time and I can't complain about those either.

What do you think?

What strings do you prefer? Dislike? Want to try? What strings are terrible? Overrated? Gauge?

Should make for lively debate.

I like Dunlop strings. I like the sound they don't go dead too quick. I like using .11's' date=' once you get used to them they sound pretty good and personally I can't tell they're that much thicker.

Not I big fan of dean markley's. They don't feel good on my fingers and are too bright for my tastes.

EB's, Gibson's, are GHS are also on my guitar from time to time and I can't complain about those either.

What do you think?[/quote']

Dunlop and Ernie Balls- all I use. Both are good strings, I like Ernie Balls a little more, but I got Dunlops for the right price (2 dollars a pack)

I use D'Addario on most guitars. I have Gibson Les Paul strings on the Spirit right now, and they're not bad. I don't know that they're worth the extra $2, though.

I'm not fully happy with my acoustic strings, but I can't find anything better. Martins sound better when they're new, but sound bad after a few days.

I use the DR Tite-Fit's or the Pure Blues, I switch back and forth and go between .10's and .11's. They have done me right for the past many years, I have used some of the Elixir strings, and they are OK, don't know if I liked that coating they use. Not sure if its for making the strings last longer of what, but I usually tend to not want a set of strings on there for to long. But if I had to recommend a set the DR Tite-Fits or Pure Blues would be a good starting point.

On my baby and "stuff," Elixir 9-42 with the heavier coating.

On the old SG-style Guild, Ernie 8-38 but you've gotta be a little careful fretting 'cuz they bend almost too easily.

No real nylon or 12-string prefs except lighter varieties on the 12.

m

I use Rotosound 'Pure nickel', 011 - 048.

As an added bonus they are made just a dozen-or-so miles from my home so I'm buying local!

I really loved a set of DR TITE-FITs I had but they're difficult to find round my neck of the woods. Ditto Gibson strings.

Although I've only tried them once I absolutely hated the brightness of Ernie Balls. It may have just been...

Nah.

EDIT : I've just checked the box for the DR TITE-FITs and they are nickel plated...Do DR make any 'Pure nickel' sets?

D'Addario. Cheap' date=' reliable, consistent.

I'm sure there are better strings out there but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.[/quote']

Super Slinkys for the same reason.

Can I buy the wringer washer from you?

Archived