ShredAstaire

Billy Joel -7

Paul McCartney -5

Chicago -4

Elton John - 2

Peter Frampton -2

Ringo's All Starrs -2

Beach Boys-2

along with a plethora of one timers including but not limited to....

The Police

Aerosmith

Bruce Springsteen

Elvis Costello

Paul Simon

Journey

Todd Rundgren

James Taylor

Rush

Cheap Trick

Kiss

B52s

America

Doobie Brothers

Vince Gill

The Monkees

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen a ton of local shows and no one here will know the bands so I'll just list national acts

Sloan - At least 5 times since they got back together after the One Chord album. You lose count after a while.

Guided By Voices - 4 times and all of them were with the original lineup that included Tobin Sprout and Mitch Mitchell. Reunion show in Chicago last year sold out before I could get tickets [cursing] . One of the greatest rock bands of the nineties. If you do not know them you need to get wise to their catalog.

Wow and these are the bands we would Know???

Ive seen Warren Haynes 7/8 times in three different bands, but for greatest number of times I'd have to say the Grateful Dead which ive seen 11/12 times I would guess. Seen the Foo Fighters 4 times, Eagles 6 times and so on...

Dead + JGB + Bobby & The Midnights-around 15x

Santana- around 10x

Allman Brothers + Gregg Allman solo-5x

Eric Clapton + 1x w/Cream-5x

James Taylor-5x

Moody Blues-3x

John McLaughlin, Al Dimeola, Paco DeLucia -2x + John & Al 1x ea solo

Chick Corea-2x

Pat Metheny-2x

Jorma Kaukonen-2x

Doyle Dykes-2x

Tony Rice-2x

ELP-2x

Yes-2x

Dave Mason-2x

Many others I can't remember. Years ago when I was in college I worked on Stage crew so some of those were while working.

Rush-

Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Exit- Stage Left, Moving Pictures and Signals tours... 5

Van Halen-

Van Halen through 1984 tours... I don't remember how many times they came to Nashville...

Judas Priest 3 or 4 times... last one was with Uriah Heap.

AC/DC and Yngwie on the same ticket.

I saw Dio twice in one month with different guitarists.

Heart a few times, same with Journey.

One for the Sun 3 or 4 times.... bands all day on the floating stage on Percy Priest Lake at Hermitage Landing.

I've seen a BUNCH of folks, but I'm sorry... I just don't remember all of them. I shoulda had a ticket box...... [crying]

Wow and these are the bands we would Know???

Do you live under a rock or with ear plugs in twenty four seven? Sloan is Canada's biggest 90s export behind Bare Naked Ladies and Sarah McLaughlin. Where are our Canadian board members to back me up on this? Anyway, if you spent the last twenty years only listening to craptastic Clear Channel rock radio you'd think rock was Matchbox 20, Creed, Korn, Limp Bizkit(sp?), and Nickelback.

Do you live under a rock or with ear plugs in twenty four seven? Sloan is Canada's biggest 90s export behind Bare Naked Ladies and Sarah McLaughlin. Where are our Canadian board members to back me up on this? Anyway, if you spent the last twenty years only listening to craptastic Clear Channel rock radio you'd think rock was Matchbox 20, Creed, Korn, Limp Bizkit(sp?), and Nickelback.

http://thepqnation.com/livingwicked/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/oh_no_you_didnt.gif

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qKYIOc5FoRA/SwGGpPb1p5I/AAAAAAAAABA/7qPKtRjSW4w/s1600/oh-no-you-didnt.jpg

Mountain

I remember your vids.........Considering West's current playing, you'd fill his shoes very very well; As in bringing Mountain back to life, when they were really good live ........[thumbup] ....

[thumbup] Sloan rocks....nice groove, great melody and awesome harmonies!! :)

Butthole Surfers x 3

Not prouda that fact. I don't care for them anymore.

My drummer is from the DC area and he saw them back in the day, when they had two drummers and were eating acid like it was candy, at the 9:30 Club. Said it was a great show, but he also feared for his life like never before.

Archived