Gibson Brands Forums

do you have a tattoo?

S t e v e

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have two, one on each leg. Both were gotten as a favor to a friend, I was his test subject and got them for free. Both good, but one needs touched up. Frist ones an anime pic of me that he drew, that one still makes me laugh. The other is a large half moon with a face in it. If there's any advice I can give it's don't get them were you can't cover them up. Hands and neck tattoos might sound cool, but they make it really hard to find jobs. I've never really thought about having tattoos, I just have them. They are now apart of me, and I've fine with that. It's just like any ohter scar, it coems with a story, and it's usually intersesting.

I've never had a desire to get a tatoo. For one thing, there's no symbolic part of me that I need to express.

Also, when I consider the amount of time and money it takes to actually get one, I always have more important uses for both.

No tats here. They are so prevalent these days and there are so many bad ones, I have begun to think of them as visual epidermal pollution. I am keeping an eye out for a new girlfriend and hoping against all hope to be able to find a woman who has resisted the temptation to get a tramp stamp or any other fake symbol of non-conformity. It's gonna be a long search.

I love tattoos and think they are über sexy on ladies unless they are sorority girl, I got mine on spring break ink. Me? I do not have any. It's just been low on my list of priorities. Maybe when I retire I'll get the five or six I want. All of them are some homage to my ethnic roots: Greek key, fleur de lis, crest of my town/region my family is from, etc.

Funny thing is that the last two bands I was in, not one of us had one tattoo. Very strange in this day and age.

I have three tats, each with a meaning for something in my lfe. The first is one is on my left shoulder that I designed memoralizing my service and the loss of friends in Vietnam. It is an American flag with the symbolic Vietnamese dragon and the years I was in the Nam. The second is a spider on my left forearm that is a tribute to a childhood friend killed in Nam. The third is a Harley tat on my right shoulder that symbolizes my many years of riding Harleys.

Its not actually my back, thank jebus, so feel free to make fun of it all you want! I have no tattoo's I consider them identifying marks and something in my job description forbids me from having any of them.

I do have to question back tattoos. Why get a tattoo where you'll never see it?

Usually girls get these tattoos and it should be the lower back and its for something to look at while your doing something else, enough said?

I'm with Dem00n on this one - None for me, now or ever, and no earrings, either.

Although this is a topic that goes right up there with tone-caps and Tone Rites...

Those that have 'em, support 'em - those without, don't.

I can spend hours looking at the bad ones on line, though. Laughs for days.

I'm sure no one here has any of those.

Better for a large tattoo that could use an even surface I guess, that being said I don't have one. Maybe someday, the urge has never really hit me. And with the sorority girl tramp stamp I've heard those ladies can't get an epidural because the ink could go straight into their body..

I do have to question back tattoos. Why get a tattoo where you'll never see it?

For the fact, that if I don't want someone to see it, they won't..Ill probably only tattoo my back, and keep my arms, legs, and stomach clean.

It's more of a personal thing to me, just a marking that shows I'm of Christian faith.

Archived