Gibson Brands Forums

do you have a tattoo?

S t e v e

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not have any tat's and there is a story that goes with that;

One warm July day in 1970 as my girl friend and I were preparing to take a trip to California there was a knock on the door of my apartment, I open the door to find three FBI agents, and they didn't look happy. The leader said you are under arrest! I asked if they had a warrant, they replied, "We don't need one, we have a wanted poster!"

At this point they hand me a poster like the ones that used to be posted at every post office. Well, the guy looked so much like me I was shocked..Then one of the agents said, "It's not him, look at his forearm". They told me to show them my right forearm...there was no tattoo.

It seems that my cosmic twin had built a pipe bomb and planted it under a National Guard tank...he had a tattoo of a skunk holding a mirror and looking at his reflection on his right forearm...

They gave me the poster and told me I might want to keep it on me...they told me that a lady had seen the poster and called in to report me...I said, "I would have too!"

And that is why I will not ever get a tattoo...

I do not have any tat's and there is a story that goes with that;

One warm July day in 1970 as my girl friend and I were preparing to take a trip to California there was a knock on the door of my apartment, I open the door to find three FBI agents, and they didn't look happy. The leader said you are under arrest! I asked if they had a warrant, they replied, "We don't need one, we have a wanted poster!"

At this point they hand me a poster like the ones that used to be posted at every post office. Well, the guy looked so much like me I was shocked..Then one of the agents said, "It's not him, look at his forearm". They told me to show them my right forearm...there was no tattoo.

It seems that my cosmic twin had built a pipe bomb and planted it under a National Guard tank...he had a tattoo of a skunk holding a mirror and looking at his reflection on his right forearm...

They gave me the poster and told me I might want to keep it on me...they told me that a lady had seen the poster and called in to report me...I said, "I would have too!"

And that is why I will not ever get a tattoo...

wow, when i started to read this i thought it was gonna turn into a joke!...omg :unsure:

have a plus up for that [thumbup]

If I ever do anything in music so I don't have to work a regular day job, I'm going to get a tattoo on my right forearm that just says 'Love' in cursive. Call me lame, I don't care

I'm not huge on tattoos, but if you get them, I think they should mean something, not just weird tribal ****

I have a warhorse on my right arm. It's a memorial tattoo for my father. The horse came from a painting my father made as a commisioned work for someone.

My wife also has a memorial tattoo of a butterfly on her wrist for her father.

Here's a link to one of my photo albums on facebook that is going to be used for any tattoo's my wife and I get. My wife has another tattoo on her right calf but I don't have any pics of it in the album yet.

thisdyingsoul's tattoo album

I have a Tribal Cross on my back that I will never regret...I 'll be getting another cross on the other side of my back this year...

I got mine in the Ozarks by a famous tattoo artist called "Tattoo Ted"...He's tattooed thousands of musicians..including all of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, and so many others....Really cool experience for me.

I worked in a shop for three years, and the best rule of thumb is:

"If you are going to get tattooed, don't get anything a Judge can see, or be covered by long sleeves."

I have many tattoos, and i regret none of them, including a full leg sleeve.

I also waited until I was 29 to get my first.

yep I have a skunk looking into a mirror on my right fore arm why?

--------

Not really but yes I have 8 or 9 tattoos or maybe just one large one now depending on how you want to look at it. They cover my shoulders and upper arms as well as covering my upper back. I was careful since I was a C-level executive so they can all be covered by a standard t-shirt. They were never really visible while I was at work. so other than people I was friends with most people would have never guessed. The only time I ever had a person really notice it was during a large meeting that was being televised on the company cable channel so other employee's at different locations could participate. They had really bright camera lights and on a break I was stretching and the woman behind me laughingly told me that she could see my t-shirt under my white shirt when I really stretched and that I was wearing some kind of a printed colored t-shirt. I was just going to say thanks but my secretary burst into laughter so I had to tell the confused woman that it wasn't a t-shirt that they were tattoo's I just put my jacket back on and quit stretching but I also went out shopping and bought thicker undershirts for when I wore a white shirt.

My ink is little bit of everything but nothing off the walls I drew everything myself. It's mostly a water scene with a large octopus on my right shoulder being by far the largest there's also a fairly large scorpion tattoo on my left shoulder with the tail and tentacles of the octopus running through the designs on my back which are mostly japanese waves and fish, theres also a large sea turtle on my right arm.

My wife has no tatoos or any piercing other than one hole in each ear. she's the "norm" in our family

I guess I got enough scars without intent that I don't care for any by intent.

I think it's kinda how fads go...

A buddy in the Marine Corps had one done when he was a kid. 18 years later it wasn't so nice.

OTOH, I've teased some friends on the local ambulance crew that my one tatoo pref would be the letters "D.N.R." on my left chest, but they said that's not enough of a direction to responders. Darn it. If you don't get it, you're not old enough for it regardless.

m

I thought about the DNR, too, m.

My Grandmother lingered in the hospital for 4 days because the paramedics didn't see hers in her medicine bottle in the fridge.

I'd hate to wake up, stuck in an iron lung for the rest of my days.

Archived