Gibson Brands Forums

clapton and beck?

S t e v e

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why do people look up to these two?, very mediocre players imho... [unsure]

also hendrix and "new" players like jack white?, i just don't see it.

That's okay. If you don't see it by now you never will.

In the meantime enjoy whatever it is you're able to wrap your head around.

But, I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that just about every one of the people you do "see"

figured it out.

I agree with Clapton. But Beck is on another level. Jusy because they don't 'shred' doesn't make them a bad player.

Most of todays players are the same. You can easily pick Beck out from a crowd. Watch the 'Ronnie Scott's' gig.

Some of his playing is so tasty and Tal on the bass looks like she's still at school!!

I agree with Clapton. But Beck is on another level. Jusy because they don't 'shred' doesn't make them a bad player.

Most of todays players are the same. You can easily pick Beck out from a crowd. Watch the 'Ronnie Scott's' gig.

Some of his playing is so tasty and Tal on the bass looks like she's still at school!!

I love both of them, but can see why people would view Jeff in a whole different way. Jeff Beck is just on another planet! Even Joe Satriani says he is in awe of how he plays.

Jeff Beck is still getting better; I don't think he has even peaked yet!

Matt

p.s Steve nice try! [flapper] (he loves yanking the old leashes - bless his shiny head [biggrin])

To each their own, Clapton's technical skill never wowed me (I still love the man and his music don't get me wrong!). But Beck, my god have you been paying attention? I've seen him live, trust me he is one stellar musician/guitarist/eargasm inducing guy. He uses as few notes as he needs and as many as he wants. He can go as fast as you f'ckn want but he doesn't need to.

I'd bet my left leg good sir Gary Moore had a healthy respect for both

Archived