Gibson Brands Forums

Your Favorite Pizza Place

MrNylon

What's your favorite place to get a pizza. Do you make it yourself at home, or do you get it at a local pizza place. My pizza is from a local pizza / Italian restaurant. Authentic Brooklyn, in Boca Raton, FL. [thumbup] Great eats!

We have here in Sacramento a Chicago style place called Zelda's and its pizza is really a pie, deep and full of goodies.

Hey grampa, I live about 5 blocks from Zelda's.

It's great pizza for sure. And the waitresses are a hoot. [thumbup]

Sar Tavern Orange,NJ for Clam Pies (Pizza dough, Mozzarella & White Clam Sauce)...

Villa Gaudio 30th ave & Steinway St in Queens, NY.. for NY style pies.

There was a Sliceria on Steinway that made great Sicilian style pies, I dodn't remember the name though (Steinway near 30th ave).

Been to Patsy's and Lombardi's in the Apple - Wonderful pizza! Being stuck in NC my wife and I have learned to make our own and it's only perfect ( to our taste anyway)

Our recipes for crust and sauce are available to any who are interested in trying their hand - Just holler Yes and I'll post them along with an easy tip for making your conventional oven into a brick oven for pizza for about $6.00 ( All info from me is FREE, of course) - An offer ya can't refuse. Crust can be used to make thin crust or Sicillian style thick crust - C'mon now, you know you can't wait to try it!

B

I have 2 favourite pizza places-Greco Pizza and Big Bite Pizza/Donair.Greco is a franschise found only in eastern Canada as far as I know and they make great donair pizzas.Big Bite is a locally owned chain of 3 stores that makes the biggest and cheapest donairs yet the best I've ever tasted.Big Bites Donair pizza is just about the best I've tasted and I insist on one for my birthday every year.Sadly it's hard to find a place around here that offers anchovies on their pizzas and as far as I'm concerned it's not a proper pizza without anchovies,that's why I always opt for the donair pizza.

Archived