Gibson Brands Forums

New member says hi

Soulbrighter

Hi all!

After many years of mucking around with a classic guitar and simple chords just to accompany my singing, I decided to finally step it up. I subscribed to a guitar course and I bought a new electric guitar! I chose the Epiphone SG prophecy EX because I wanted an SG, I want to play some old school metal and I didn't want to dish out for the real deal Gibson, not yet at least... it's just a hobby in the end!

post-38737-096573000 1326154942_thumb.jpg

This guitar looks pretty amazing!

I'm already an Epi fan. and look what I found today on youtube :D

Cheers

M

Welcome Soulbrighter!

Awesome looking guitar you have there.

That was a very cool video. I've never seen 5 people playing one guitar at once, AND sounding good, AND an Epiphone! It was a really cool song too.

Thanks for posting it. [biggrin]

Welcome aboard, Soulbrighter. I had to listen to that video twice. Very cool idea. Catchy tune. Love the vocals. Had this come out in when VH1 was big, these guys would have hit it big. Thanks for sharing that.

The gauge is 0.010" - 0.046", and the ones that come with them should be replaced, I use Ernie Ball Slinkys, they're well priced and play and last well for me, you'll get a lot of opinions on string brands etc, it's an individual thing, a good idea for a beginner is to try a different brand for first 6 or so string changes, so you get an idea of what each feels like.

Hi all!

After many years of mucking around with a classic guitar and simple chords just to accompany my singing, I decided to finally step it up. I subscribed to a guitar course and I bought a new electric guitar! I chose the Epiphone SG prophecy EX because I wanted an SG, I want to play some old school metal and I didn't want to dish out for the real deal Gibson, not yet at least... it's just a hobby in the end!

post-38737-096573000 1326154942_thumb.jpg

This guitar looks pretty amazing!

I'm already an Epi fan. and look what I found today on youtube :D

Cheers

M

Welcome Soulbrighter and HNGD. Lovely Prophecy you have there, as good as any Gibson SG,

and will serve you long and well. Enjoy! [thumbup]

You'll find lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here, all eager to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

Paul

Welcome abord, Soulbrighter!

Congrats on your new guitar. The Epiphone Prophecy's are really special instruments. Congrats should also be added for scoring one of the first generation models. It looks like Epi is applying some design changes to the next bunch. I love both of mine and I don't think a much better guitar can be had for the dollar.

Great vid as well, sir ... you're gonna fit in just fine here! [biggrin]

Sany0001.jpgSany0082.jpg

Jim

Welcome to the forum Soulbrighter,the Prophecy SGs and Les Pauls are great as is and don't need anything done with them.I don't know when this idea that Epiphone pickups etc. are inferior is going to stop but it's long overdue.The pickups in your guitar are very hot from the factory and need no upgrading.

Welcome to the forum Soulbrighter,the Prophecy SGs and Les Pauls are great as is and don't need anything done with them.I don't know when this idea that Epiphone pickups etc. are inferior is going to stop but it's long overdue.The pickups in your guitar are very hot from the factory and need no upgrading.

Hi Bonzoboy,

for sure I have no intention of changing the pickups, I am more than happy with the active EMGs in the SG :D

Hi Bonzoboy,

for sure I have no intention of changing the pickups, I am more than happy with the active EMGs in the SG :D

Welcome aboard, Happy New Guitar Day and enjoy it! I personally like the EMG pickups. Some people crack on them but I think they sound good.

Archived