Gibson Brands Forums

Post ONE guitar you like

4Hayden

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love all my Gibbies but this is still my goto . . .

110715014.jpg

Is that the koa or spalted maple? Whatever it is, it is awesome gorgeous!

I hope your SH550 works out for you. I absolutely love mine. I don't want to throw a monkey wrench in your plans, but you might look into the H22 pups on that guitar for a jazzier tone, and definitely stainless steel frets. I love the S22s in mine... just sayin'...

Is that the koa or spalted maple? Whatever it is, it is awesome gorgeous!

I hope your SH550 works out for you. I absolutely love mine. I don't want to throw a monkey wrench in your plans, but you might look into the H22 pups on that guitar for a jazzier tone, and definitely stainless steel frets. I love the S22s in mine... just sayin'...

Flamed KOA, and thanks. Already go stainless on all my Carvins and I agree on the pups. My S22s on this guitar are nice and warm, seem to complement the slightly darker tone you get from that KOA nicely.

What S22s don't do is split very well. Partly the metal covers but also just slightly colder pups.

this weeks' "go to" is this lil' gem I grabbed for $600 USD, brand new, from a discontinued line.

GarysCam265.jpg

DeArmond by Guild X-155.

maple/maple/maple, 1 pc top & back, beautiful rw fb (after oiling)& bridge, DeArmond USA p'ups & 'lectronics, no soundblock/full hollow.

amazing sounding & playing guitar......best Korean axe i've ever had.

GarysCam266.jpg

and fresh from the shop......it came set up so nicely that I almost don't want to pull the paper from under the bridge, but I will.

the only real detractant i've found are the tuners, they're generic qurap but that's easily fixed.

GarysCam270.jpg

Oh man! That guitar calls for a thread of its own. Details man, details!

TG!

I'd like to send you the full story in a PM but your box is full!

In the meantime, for the 'edited highlights', you could just check out post #335 in the 'Walk the Walk' thread.

I've also bumped another thread with some more of the story. The HN "NP G-J" GD or something.

P.

Archived