Gibson Brands Forums

Sure, AC/DC is overrated but i love em!

FenderGuy1

I love AC/DC. There is an almost Zen-like quality to the simplicity of their riffs; but it's not as easy writing that stuff as some folks may think. Their rhythm section drives that band. Everyone talks about Angus, but Malcolm is the man. He lays down slabs of chords that are still floating out in space somewhere. I believe that at it's core, rock and roll draws from a handful of things, and I think AC/DC blends them perfectly to make their music. Just my opinion, but they're one of my favorites.

Yeah, if anything I think they are underrated..

As was mentioned before their style of music hasnt changed.. They dont care about fashion or trend they just do their thing which is almost pure rock n roll.. and generally they stay out of the limelight too which for their status is amazing.. Full respect to them.

I have always seen them as the worlds largest pub band lol..

Love them, they are truely awesome...

And yeah Twiz.. I agree Malcolm is the man.. They must have the most solid ryhthm section in music history..

Yeah, if anything I think they are underrated..

As was mentioned before their style of music hasnt changed.. They dont care about fashion or trend they just do their thing which is almost pure rock n roll.. and generally they stay out of the limelight too which for their status is amazing.. Full respect to them.

I have always seen them as the worlds largest pub band lol..

Love them, they are truely awesome...

And yeah Twiz.. I agree Malcolm is the man.. They must have the most solid ryhthm section in music history..

AC/DC is as about as overrated as an expiration date on a dairy product. [-X They never tried to sound like anyone else,as others said..they never changed thier sound..i cant imagine what the singers throat/voice must feel like after a gig,not to mention Angus' vision still bouncin around hours after the gig. #-o

AC/DC is as about as overrated as an expiration date on a dairy product. [-X They never tried to sound like anyone else,as others said..they never changed thier sound..i cant imagine what the singers throat/voice must feel like after a gig,not to mention Angus' vision still bouncin around hours after the gig. #-o

why mess with perfection! [confused] they got it right the 1st time!they've gotta be hav'in a ball do'in it, what more is there? \:D/ ar'ent ther'es the biggest balls of all??? [lol] [lol] [lol]

why mess with perfection! [confused] they got it right the 1st time!they've gotta be hav'in a ball do'in it, what more is there? \:D/ ar'ent ther'es the biggest balls of all??? [lol] [lol] [lol]

Haha yes,.

Some balls are held for charity, some for fancy dress but when theyre held for pleasure there the balls that I like best ;)

Classic :)

I love AC/DC. There is an almost Zen-like quality to the simplicity of their riffs; but it's not as easy writing that stuff as some folks may think. Their rhythm section drives that band. Everyone talks about Angus, but Malcolm is the man. He lays down slabs of chords that are still floating out in space somewhere. I believe that at it's core, rock and roll draws from a handful of things, and I think AC/DC blends them perfectly to make their music. Just my opinion, but they're one of my favorites.

Good analogy Twiz! They do only have a a select sound or type of style but they do it very good!

One of my favorites. But the Bon Scott era (75-79) especially. Highway To Hell is my favorite album of theirs (Walk All Over You and Touch Too Much!). Bon had a charisma that Brian lacks. Yes, Brian is a cool, funny guy, but Bon had that charisma plus all Johnson era AC/DC lacks the lyrical strength of Bon's lyrics IMHO. But I think all their records are great (Black Ice is probably the best "comeback record" ever made. Remember Kiss's Psycho Circus? UGH IMHO! Except for Into The Void. That song cooks, but the rest of that album sucks IMHO!), and any of their tunes are worth listening to. Yes, I agree that Mal is the MAN! He wrote most of those cool riffs (they say its easy but it takes NATURAL SOUL and TALENT to right riffs like that! Add a simple yet epic bass/drum section, another guitarist that can play off your riff and play an epic solo, and a chest hitting, one of a kind voice singing lyrics that real people can understand and you have an AC/DC song!). The way him and Angus play off each other is amazing. And I also like the fact that they kept their sound. They didn't sell out. They didn't do disco in the 70s (as much as I love Kiss, the only good use for I Was Made For Loving You is to get a chick! And I think a Mr. Paul Frehley would agree with me!), they didn't go glam in the 80s (remember Kiss in the 80s? Despite Bruce Kulick and Eric Carr's epicness together, I can live without it. Frehley's Comet was way better IMHO. Even if they only lasted two albums. But, as I said, I like Bruce and Eric!), they didn't do power ballads (Forever? Okay, I can admit it is a decent song, but if I need to make a hot chick shed tears, I'll just take the time to learn Always With Me, Always With You.), they didn't go grunge and or Metallica wannabe in the 90s (Kiss Revenge. Well, I LOVE THAT ALBUM! Although Ace-less Kiss=no Kiss IMHO, THAT ALBUM JUST ROCKS! BRUCE WAS ON FIRE!), and they ain't playing drop D chugga chugga modern rock crap now. Amazing. And yes, Kiss is always the guinea pig. Although I think they went down (and never got back up!) after they did The Elder (Ace made Dynasty and Unmasked great. I'm sure most buy Dynasty because of 2,000 Man), they sold out when they did Destroyer IMHO. My favorite Kiss will always be the first four albums (KISS, Hotter Than Hell, Dressed To Kill, and Alive!), and the Ace Frehley album if that counts. Before the shows got too overkill and the music got too poppy and family oriented. I prefer She over Love Gun. But I love most Kiss stuff up thru Unmasked era. But my idea of Kiss will be them circa 75.

Archived