krock

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First album, ever...The soundtrack to "Dr. No!" LOL

But, I believe my first ever "Pop/Rock" album was "Meet The Beatles."

Edit:

You know...the more I think about it, I believe there were

2 albums, I got, before "Meet The Beatles" ever came out.

One, was "Louie, Louie" (The Kingsmen), and the other was

"Surfin' Safari," by The Beach Boys!

(A mind, is a terrible thing, to lose!) [tongue] ...LOL [biggrin]

CB

When I was in 4th grade one of my older sisters gave me an amazing crate full of records, including "No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith," "Violent Femmes," "Decline of Western Civilization," "Run DMC Raising Hell," "Closer" from Joy Division, "Never Mind the Bollocks," a couple by the Stray Cats, and 50 or so others...

Motorhead & the "Decline" soundtrack/comp in particular blew my damn mind and I haven't been right since. Thank Dog.

It wasn't "mine" to begin with but I played it so much as a child it became mine. It was "Jesus Christ Superstar" and I still enjoy that music to this day. Great singing (Ian Gillan singing Jesus) and playing on those songs. I also like the movie version too (Ted Neeley singing Jesus).

I have an older brother & sister (by 10 years) so I always had their records to listen too so my first purchased record I recall was later on and actually 8-track tape and it was UFO - "Strangers In The Night" and Pink Floyd - "More" soundtrack. I got them both at the same time so it was a tie.

Guest farnsbarns

sgt peppers lonely hearts club band and I sang my heart out to each and every song many times

My mates mum had a fling with the bassist and is still friendly with them, they're now the magic band I believe.

the first LP I can remember having was a K-tel Presents compilation.

it had Radar love on it, I used to play the crap outta that song.

The first Two albums I got when I really got into punk were Dead Kennedy's-Fresh Fruit For Rotten Vegetables / Generation X's self titled.

Archived