Gibson Brands Forums

New Strap Day!

Twiz

I know, it's just a strap. Who cares? Haha. Well, it's a really cool strap! I had my 37'th (holy crap) birthday this week, and one of the gifts my fiancée got me was a custom strap from Souldier. It's a replica of the strap Jimi used at Woodstock. I'm stoked. [thumbup] I got a reverb pedal too.

souldier_zpsbe5fe2ab.jpg

And a *****in' strap it is... [thumbup] I was just watching the new Hendrix documentary last night - I forgot how much I loved his playing at Woodstock. Happy NSBD (new strap birth day) [biggrin]

That special on PBS RULED!

I think any world famous touring rock god deserves a new strap on his birthday! Very cool. [thumbup]

+1

P.

Haha. I don't know about the 'famous' or 'rock god' part. [lol] Thanks for the b-day wishes guys.

Super happy you're happy... young though you may be regardless of the birthday.

Believe it or not, I still have my very first guitar strap that's over 50 years old and it's quite similar. The general style of such embroidery over a vinyl or leather strap was seemingly at least half of what was available "in the day."

My little bro - who's just a cupla years older than you, Twiz, gave me the similar but 4-inch-wide strap he had in the late '80s. Too wide for me really since he's a lot bigger than I am. But... kinda neat to have regardless.

m

Since the theme of this thread has become "old guys tell Twiz what they were doing at 37"...

... at 37 I had two kids aged 3 and 5 and my first marriage was headed for the crapper.

Of course when Twiz is old he'll be able to wax nostalgically about getting engaged and touring Europe in a bad a$$ metal band at 37! Very nice plan you've got working there, Twiz. [thumbup] We're all jealous.

I know, it's just a strap. Who cares? Haha. Well, it's a really cool strap! I had my 37'th (holy crap) birthday this week, and one of the gifts my fiancée got me was a custom strap from Souldier. It's a replica of the strap Jimi used at Woodstock. I'm stoked. [thumbup] I got a reverb pedal too.

souldier_zpsbe5fe2ab.jpg

Cool man! :) what verb did you get?

• 1 month later...

Archived