Gibson Brands Forums

Okay, Fess Up; How Many Guitars?

Jimi D-Bo

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More than you can count on two hands of digits but less than three hands of digits....half and half....'lectric/'coustic....MORE than I deserve, actually [tongue]....95% Gibson at this time. It is always "in flux"...

• 5 months later...

I have forty six. Here are the Gibson acoustics:

J-45 Legend

J-45 True Vintage

J-45 Custom Rosewood Vine

Fuller's 1939 J-35 Reissue

Southern Jumbo True Vintage

Advanced Jumbo

Short Scale Maple Advanced Jumbo

J-185 Custom Vine

J-160E Standard

J-160E Peace

Red 333

Sal,

I Haven't lived in the states for close to 15 years ... and I am preparing the move back.

As you know moving is not an easy task and having the guitars here with me would just be a bigger hassle

So I spoke to Jeremy about keeping them there while I make the transition.

It's taken very long but I'm hoping to have my affairs in order by January 2015.

We will see how it goes ... and no you are not out of line.

I will be visiting Fuller's this year ...I tried to go around december 2013/january 2014 but my girlfriend's father passed away

right around that time and I had to fly back from LA in time for his wake so I did not visit Texas.

JC

Sorry, Juan, for me replying so late since I'm not an acoustic guitar guy and very seldom appear here.

My deepest empathy for your girlfriend having lost her father. I hope she is advancing in getting over it.

My ex-wife could never handle the death of her father until today. She became violent, even committed felony mayhem against me, and it could have ended even worse but I defended another attack of her which would have been definitely lethal for me. Our marriage finally was divorced which she had filed for. My indulgence would have been endless I guess, or better said still is. I never pressed a charge against her since she's the mother of both of my children.

Now to something more delightening and edifying. I viewed these post some minutes ago:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/112219-okay-fess-up%3B-how-many-guitars/page__view__findpost__p__1516976

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/112219-okay-fess-up%3B-how-many-guitars/page__view__findpost__p__1516977

Congrats, awesome acoustics, very beautiful looks! [wub] I believe they sound even better than they look. [thumbup]

Honestly, not just for being a hybrid solidbody addict creating his acoustic tones via piezos from massive slabs, I have to admit that I am much more jealous of you for your girlfriend than for your guitars. [rolleyes] You will concede that owning such beautiful guitars AND sharing your life with your adorable girlfriend makes you a very lucky man. Congrats on it all, Juan. [thumbup]

All of the best for you and yours,

capmaster

Sorry, Juan, for me replying so late since I'm not an acoustic guitar guy and very seldom appear here.

My deepest empathy for your girlfriend having lost her father. I hope she is advancing in getting over it.

My ex-wife could never handle the death of her father until today. She became violent, even committed felony mayhem against me, and it could have ended even worse but I defended another attack of her which would have been definitely lethal for me. Our marriage finally was divorced which she had filed for. My indulgence would have been endless I guess, or better said still is. I never pressed a charge against her since she's the mother of both of my children.

Now to something more delightening and edifying. I viewed these post some minutes ago:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/112219-okay-fess-up%3B-how-many-guitars/page__view__findpost__p__1516976

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/112219-okay-fess-up%3B-how-many-guitars/page__view__findpost__p__1516977

Congrats, awesome acoustics, very beautiful looks! [wub] I believe they sound even better than they look. [thumbup]

Honestly, not just for being a hybrid solidbody addict creating his acoustic tones via piezos from massive slabs, I have to admit that I am much more jealous of you for your girlfriend than for your guitars. [rolleyes] You will concede that owning such beautiful guitars AND sharing your life with your adorable girlfriend makes you a very lucky man. Congrats on it all, Juan. [thumbup]

All of the best for you and yours,

capmaster

CM,

Thanks

I hope you are doing great. I appreciate the kind words.

JC

Added one more a new 60th Annie Strat just arrived. Will post photo's when I can shoot some in a new guitar day thread. Kinda wished I didn't like the looks of it but dang it. WRONG!!!

Aster

I just picked up a Strat about a month ago as well. A 2014 John Mayer Strat, Olympic White with mint pick guard. Hope you love yours.

I have 3 guitars. An HB TV, Les Paul Studio, and now the Strat. I want to get an OM or LG size guitar and then I should be done. But then I'd also love a hollowbody electric. But then I'll be done I think . . .

Archived