Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Mustang (hi surfpup)

Izzy

So,

I know some of ya'll are not fans of the ridiculous Mustang *coughsurfpup. Trust me, if I were over 90lbs I'd never have given them a chance, but all the same...I'm inlove [love]

Its a 2002 altered Mustang. CIJ, Duncan at the bridge. Compared to the 70s vintage this is better. Feels good and sounds good. $400 cheaper than the vintage...win! Came with a monstrosity of a case. Case big enough for a bass. Seriously, wtf :blink:

A side note...have ya'll noticed a difference in sound between rails and regular HBs?

whitemustang-2.jpg

Mustangpup.jpg

I think Mustang's are FUN little guitars! Love the tones you can get, with them, too.

I keep eyeing the MIJ Pawn Shop series Mustangs, as well.

So, congratulations, Izzy! Glad you're "in Love!"

We'll be looking for some new songs, from you and

your new "baby!"[thumbup][biggrin]

CB

I think Mustang's are FUN little guitars! Love the tones you can get, with them, too.

I keep eyeing the MIJ Pawn Shop series Mustangs, as well.

So, congratulations, Izzy! Glad you're "in Love!"

We'll be looking for some new songs, from you and

your new "baby!"[thumbup][biggrin]

CB

What he said [thumbup]

Your building an pretty darn nice little stable :)

Congrats.

That is my favourite colour/pickguard combo on these. Looks good.

My experience with Mustangs is they can be made quite good with a couple of modifications.

1. Change bridge pickup to something powerful and better, thus giving you more than one useable switch setting - which you've done.

2. Remove vibrato arm and hide in a drawer somewhere - which you've done.

....so it should prove to be a sweet little axe.

enjoy. [thumbup]

That's awesome...basically been changed over to the kurt cobain model....nice.. [thumbup] [thumbup]

DING! The other one I had was either too much with the dual HBs or too little with the two singles. This set-up is da bomb.

Congrats.

That is my favourite colour/pickguard combo on these. Looks good.

enjoy. [thumbup]

Mine too! That's a great color combination! And here we have another NGD thread. Everybody must've been in the mood [biggrin]

Congrats Izzy! Enjoy!!! [thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

I'm not into them... I'm not a Fender guy anymore anyway...

But I know exactly how you feel. It is precisely the same passion I have about my guitars and I commend you for following your heart and being true to yourself!

Nothin' better than finding a guitar that really impassions you to play!

Nice gear!

Yeah, I think the whole thing about guitars is that each of us is different and - when we get a guitar that helps us play, we've found a gem. But each of us will find an instrument that may well not be a gem for others.

So... Very happy for you Izzy! Although... I have a hunch you'll find more as time goes on... <grin>

m

Yeah, I think the whole thing about guitars is that each of us is different and - when we get a guitar that helps us play, we've found a gem. But each of us will find an instrument that may well not be a gem for others.

So... Very happy for you Izzy! Although... I have a hunch you'll find more as time goes on... <grin>

m

Yeah, monogamy seems unrealistic, when it comes to guitars?! [biggrin]

CB

Mustangpup.jpg

Congrats! I love Mustangs too. Someone put a tune-o-matic bridge on yours. I would swap it out for a Mustang bridge. They have circular saddles and work well with the tremolo. It's one of mods I did on my Jazzmaster.

Congrats, Izzy. Although I also think like Milod, maybe you'll find more as time goes on. I had a guitar with hybrid pup setup, HB at the bridge and the two singles, I have successfully sold the guitar, but now regret it.

Congrats, Izzy, glad you are in love with your Mustang! [thumbup]

As for the case, could it be a Mustang/Bronco/Music Master BASS case? They don't make these anymore, and no suitable gig bags, too, so perhaps you should keep it for the possible buy of a Mustang Bass. I own a reissued '65 Mustang Bass, and was lucky to get one of the last original USA hardshell cases, too. The bass was made in Japan, and I love it, too. [biggrin]

Archived