Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - Fender

Drog

I have been looking for twenty years, for that strat that was ME. Finally got it!!! Fender Stratocaster Ltd Edition reclaimed pine. The wood is from 1868, the neck is all rosewood (one piece). The guitar sustains forever and plays like a dream.

Here she is:

FENDERGUITAR001_zpsec17a484.jpg

FENDERGUITAR002_zps6ac6a3b8.jpg

FENDERGUITAR003_zps6cab14ea.jpg

FENDERGUITAR004_zps86730c69.jpg

FENDERGUITAR005_zpsf45ead67.jpg

How is the weight compared to other Strats.

I also have wondered how the soft pine will hold up.

Great looking guitat

I love the color ,plus the color of the neck.

Do you know what type of finish was used.

Now you got me thinking, just what I need, another geeetar, but sure do like it.

Wow that is bloody nice [thumbup]

I still have to get back to building from pine at some point.. Its has such beautiful grain and matching it with a rosewood neck is perfect.. Really very cool man [thumbup]

Oh and if its old wood I don't think it will be splitting or warping any further than it has any time soon :)

What an incredible guitar,all these cracks and splits in the wood are nature's relic'ng and that's the most striking type of relic'ng.Congrats on getting a truly spectacular guitar-you really have a guitar for life in that beauty.

The guitar is slightly lighter than a regular strat, perfectly weighted. I am not worried about the knot or splits, since the wood is 146 years old and has dried out. The finish is a satin lacquer, thin finish and could scratch or dent easily but that is its charm.

I still can't get over how well it plays and just feels holding it.

[drool] I just seen these on Fender's site a week or two ago and fell in love with them! Congrats! What a beauty! Would LOVE to get my hands on one. Even if it's just playing one. Would love to see one of these in person. Bet they're even more beautiful in person, judging on your pictures. Now, how do you like it?

Hi Drog,it's no surprise that the guitar is lighter than most Strats and that the wood is cracked in places and dents easily,pine is a very soft wood and consequently dries out relatively quickly and it splits if allowed to dry fast.The fact that the wood is light and dried out works in your favour because of that the wood should resonate freely and that would certainly contribute to the sustaining properties of the guitar especially.Enjoy!!!

That's so much cooler (IMHO) than all those faux-vintage 'Road-Worn' custom shop jobbies.

Really very, very sweet indeed. The laser-etched Fender logo is a stylish touch.

Having not heard of them before I had a quick google and checked them out both on the Fender site and the dealerships near where I live.

Considering it has a solid rosewood neck(!) and is clearly a little bit of a special-run item they are remarkably reasonably priced.

It must have been one Hell of a barn!

If all the instruments come from this one source how many guitars will make up the run?

Out of curiosity;

You mention that it is "perfectly weighted". Do you mean the weight in general terms or the balance or both?

It is my understanding that rosewood is a relatively heavy timber and, as we know, pine is relatively light. That sounds like a recipe for a slightly neck-heavy instrument.

Then again; Strats don't have the same neck-dive propensity as do certain Gibson models so it's probably not even remotely a problem.

Perhaps it's time to see if I can track one down in Denmark St. to sample one in the wood for myself.

Just out of curiosity, you understand.....

Many congrats on a wonderful instrument!

P.

They made 57 strats and 57 teles globally, so limited. She is not neck heavy at all, very balanced in weight.

Hey Drog.

Yes; I've yet to come across a badly balanced Strat. I've had some heavy ones and some light ones but never one which felt 'odd'.

Hmmm..........

P.

Archived