Gibson Brands Forums

What To Do?

cookieman15061

Well I've got a rather peculiar predicament.

This guitar will not go OUT OF TUNE!!!!

Gibson Les Paul Special Pro EX

12548843_10206034968621298_1883914854794826390_n_zpstw1eeyqu.jpg

I've played it everyday since before Christmas and every time I do .... spot on perfect!

I really can't have this.

It's soooo annoying.

Almost taunting me.

Advise please.

This is a very common issue here, at least as long as my instruments stay in my dwell. After having put them on stands in the cold, humid rehearsal room, the problem goes away rather soon. [biggrin] Worked nicely last Friday. [lol]

That's great. On another forum I was hearing about Gibson USA experimenting with "roasting" necks. A few manufacturers' have been doing this with good results. A "roasted" neck, and a good nut, and nothing moves. But it's still about one in four or five that are spot on. I used to work in a music store and I started realizing the difference between the guitars.

We would get guitars from a manufactucturer who will remain nameless. They talked up their "set-up" department when the rep would talk to us. But we would get guitars in that the stop piece screws where literally in a straight line. Never touched. Of course these guitars would need to be set up, and my boss insisted that we do it, before hanging em on the wall.

The Gibby's usually came out of the box, not only fairly well set up, but often in tune. Temperature is a big factor. The time of the year, so on. But no doubt you've got a problem that many people who spend alot more for their guitars are envious of.

1453591571[/url]' post='1733666']

You must send it to me immediately. I can sort this out.

Ahh, jdgm already took my solution. Send it to me! I have a Fender acoustic with the same problem. Had it for 3 years now, I've tuned it Down and back Up for different songs but that's about it.

Well I've got a rather peculiar predicament.

This guitar will not go OUT OF TUNE!!!!

Gibson Les Paul Special Pro EX

My Les Paul copper-top is like that.

I can take it off the wall and play it, and it's always spot on.

Can't figure out what the deal is, unless it's divine intervention.

jesus-guitar-strings.jpg

You sure it's not a Telecaster?

Lol Truth be told Pup, It does really remind me of my Tele. A nice slab of wood, comfy neck, with pickups that are about as perfectly balanced as any guitar I own.

Really for the $799 she cost me new it's a real player and with the push/pull I do get a nice single coil tone out of her.

Archived