Gibson Brands Forums

Is this a good trade for me??

RobFalcon

Someone has offered me a trade for my 2012 Gibson Custom ES-335 Dot reissue with long neck tenon and PAF 1 & 2 in excellent condition, for their 2014 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop Traditional Pro G.C. Limited Edition...does this mean Guitar Center limited edition? I don't know. Here are pictures of the guitars. If you click on the pictures you can see the full size images

traditionalpro.jpg

2016_01_19_060918496_612_DE_i_OS.jpg

I guess if you each prefer the other's guitar and it would make you both happy, then it would be a good trade for both of you. If one guitar is faulty or has some concealed issues then it might cause friction later, so good to be 100% honest with each other upfront obviously.

Enjoy whichever you take home!

Not to be contrary, but how can WE know, what's a good preference, or

"trade," for YOU! [confused]

The Les Paul is a great guitar, but so is a 335! Play them both, within

the context of the music you do, most often, and see which one does it best,

I guess?

If "I" had to have only 1 Gibson, it would probably be a Semi-hollow...335,

345, 355, etc. (But, it might also be an SG! [biggrin] ) They are very versatile instruments,

for every genre! But, that's just Me.

CB

RobFalcon, IMO Gibson made 3 guitars that are Rock n Roll classics. The Les Paul....The SG......and the ES335. I own the 1st two. Would be NICE to have a 335. I believe Chuck Berry played one. Justin Hayward, Singer/Songwriter of the Moody Blues played one...and others. All that aside...it's just a great tone classic.So I think you know where I'm going with this.......KEEP THE ##%^%* 335 man. msp_thumbup.gif

Archived