Gibson Brands Forums

Aretha Franklin near death

Marky Forrest

Aretha Franklin — who has previously struggled with her health — is very sick and her death is “imminent,” PEOPLE confirms.

“She has been ill for a long time,” a longtime friend tells PEOPLE. “She did not want people to know and she didn’t make it public.”

Blessings to you, Aretha, Queen of Soul.

God bless Aretha Franklin.

She was, is and always will be the QUEEN OF SOUL.

Her unique and amazing voice made the hairs on my neck stand up, gave me shivers down the spine and has literally made me feel glad to be alive; happy that I have been here while she is.

"With Everything I Feel In Me"....

Detroit native, so people here recognize who she is and what she has given of herself over the years. A very talented, stand-up person as well as a very respectful individual is who a lot of people remember her as. And someone who has not forgotten where she came from... God bless!

What part of Detroit Chris?

the older i get, the more appealing death becomes. or to be more accurate, i am coming to view it more favorably. natural death i mean. when your job is done and you've fully used the body you occupy. it's like a retirement from life. just before you go, if you were well liked, people will remember you fondly, sort of like they might at a retirement party. in that light, i say good for her. wherever she's going, i'm holding to the belief that it's better than here.

[thumbup]

She had an incredible four octave voice, was a pretty darn good pianist, could sing opera, jazz, blues, soul and gospel with so much power and projection as to be a challenge for recording engineers, Ironically she passed away on the anniversary of Elvis’s death. RIP Aretha, we will always love you.

Have a sweet trip, Aretha. Blessings...

Factoid:

16th August 1977, Elvis Presley was found dead lying on the floor in his bathroom by his girlfriend Ginger Alden, he had been seated on the toilet reading 'The Scientific Search For Jesus'. He died of heart failure.

Have a sweet trip, Aretha. Blessings...

Factoid:

16th August 1977, Elvis Presley was found dead lying on the floor in his bathroom by his girlfriend Ginger Alden, he had been seated on the toilet reading 'The Scientific Search For Jesus'. He died of heart failure.

Hopefully he found him...

one way or another

Yup.. End of an era is right.

She was incredible... Whenever it comes up about who is the greatest singers she is always at the top of my list (followed by Stevie Wonder in my eyes).. Pure raw power and the most soulful voice ever.. R.I.P.

I love a lot of her music but this has to be one of my faves ever.. Gets me every time

Archived