Gibson Brands Forums

I'm gonna need a bigger raincoat...

rct

It's Wednesday and we rehearse, so of course, if I'm taking guitars out, Mrs can guarantee it will rain at 6pm.  Tonight I'm taking my rct signature Black Strat, so I don't care about the rain because Fenders are pretty robust and all.

So I thought of something in my spare time which is all of it.

Guitar Case Raincoat.  Yes, bright yellow like when we was  young and fine, made out of that shiny plastic-y stuff, shaped like a Fender rectangle, single opening in it for the handle, open at the bottom.

Could even put like logos or initials on it.

There you have it.  My brilliant idea du jour of the...quarter, maybe half year or so.  Free of charge.  Make 'em, I'll B test 'em for you, and I'll buy a couple.

rct

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, rct said:

Guitar Case Raincoat.  Yes, bright yellow like when we was  young and fine, made out of that shiny plastic-y stuff, shaped like a Fender rectangle, single opening in it for the handle, open at the bottom......Could even put like logos or initials on it......

You know, that's not as stupid an idea as it sounds.

:-k

GET THAT STUFF WRITTEN UP ALL OFFICIAL-LIKE AND HEAD DOWN TO THE PATENTS OFFICE ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Pip.

EDIT : FWIW when I first saw the title I thought you were announcing an impending visit to Scotland. True!

Edited by pippy
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, rct said:

It's Wednesday and we rehearse, so of course, if I'm taking guitars out, Mrs can guarantee it will rain at 6pm.  Tonight I'm taking my rct signature Black Strat, so I don't care about the rain because Fenders are pretty robust and all.

So I thought of something in my spare time which is all of it.

Guitar Case Raincoat.  Yes, bright yellow like when we was  young and fine, made out of that shiny plastic-y stuff, shaped like a Fender rectangle, single opening in it for the handle, open at the bottom.

Could even put like logos or initials on it.

There you have it.  My brilliant idea du jour of the...quarter, maybe half year or so.  Free of charge.  Make 'em, I'll B test 'em for you, and I'll buy a couple.

rct

Well,  brilliant!   And now that your retired, you can make your first million inventing, and selling these. 

3 minutes ago, kidblast said:

Well,  brilliant!   And now that your retired, you can make your first million inventing, and selling these. 

What makes you think it will be rct's first million?...

I mean to say; the man drinks Cristal!

Pip.

10 minutes ago, pippy said:

What makes you think it will be rct's first million?...

I mean to say; the man drinks Cristal!

Pip.

Sacrifices my friend, sacrifices.  Who needs electricity when there's a bottle of the good stuff in hand?

rct

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jdgm said:

Those are nice for sure.  But if I'm paying 175 for a cover, I'm going to have to pay 50 to cover my 175 dollar cover.

I was thinking lightweight, not too expensive(I don't know how much that is), and not really adding value to anything, just a rain coat for the case.

eh.  I'll forget before the weekend.

rct

2 minutes ago, Tman said:

Great idea. While you’re at it please bring some rain this direction.  To test it and drink Champagne at the same time.

I wish I could bring great clouds of rain out there to you guys.  We could go up to Iron Horse and sample the morning fog picked nectar.   Best. California. Champagne Ever.

rct

1 hour ago, Karloff said:

good bit of investigative work there jdgm.

I thankyou....\:D/......they are a bit pricey though. 

Think I'd need a matching amp mac for my guitar case mac. 

Of course (cut-glass English accent)  one would prefer Burberry, naturally......

........but I've got some old black plastic garden sheeting out in the shed and a roll of gaffa tape.

Goodnight!

=D>

• Haha 1

I don't see the point of using a guitar case to protect  your guitar, if you have to buy something else to cover and protect the case.  Where does it end?

If your guitar case is old and leaky and won't keep a little rain off your axe, then maybe you need a new case.