Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

15 hours ago, mihcmac said:

Its not so bad, just watch the large screen an see what you look like inside. Don't pay any attention to the probe and how long the cable is..

I've had five of them because colon cancer runs in my family. They always gave me IV sedation about an hour before and put me completely out a minute before the exam started, so the exam was really easy.

20 hours ago, mihcmac said:

I put my heli's in box over 6 years ago to break the habit, got them out yesterday and managed to get the Lama V6 on right working and got several flights out of it before one of the motors stopped working.. Great day flying but I think they are going back in the box. But I might scavenge a working motor from the V4 in the the middle to get the V6 running again....

Those look very cool. When I was a kid, I loved the old TV show Whirlybirds. I never missed an episode and I was convinced I would become a helicopter pilot when I grew up. Well life got in the way and it didn't happen. So, I settled for a flight in one. That didn't happen either. Coincidentally, about a month ago, my 33 year-old son said he was going to rent a 30 minute flight in a helicopter for us on my next birthday! I can pick wherever we fly. Wow!

2 hours ago, Marky Forrest said:

I've had five of them because colon cancer runs in my family. They always gave me IV sedation about an hour before and put me completely out a minute before the exam started, so the exam was really easy.

I was awake, it was uncomfortable, not to too bad, then about 1/2 hour of continuous gas release before getting off the table.

2 hours ago, Marky Forrest said:

Those look very cool. When I was a kid, I loved the old TV show Whirlybirds. I never missed an episode and I was convinced I would become a helicopter pilot when I grew up. Well life got in the way and it didn't happen. So, I settled for a flight in one. That didn't happen either. Coincidentally, about a month ago, my 33 year-old son said he was going to rent a 30 minute flight in a helicopter for us on my next birthday! I can pick wherever we fly. Wow!

They are kind of old school with most people flying quads ore drones these days. Helicopters are an actual aircraft that require you to actually stay in control, I particularly like coaxials with counter rotating props an no tail rotor.

Edited by mihcmac

38 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

I was awake, it was uncomfortable, not to too bad, then about 1/2 hour of continuous gas release before getting off the table.

They are kind of old school with most people flying quads ore drones these days. Helicopters are an actual aircraft that require you to actually stay in control, I particularly like coaxials with counter rotating props an no tail rotor.

I've seen quads a few times but helicopters have always intrigued me. I saw a quad shot down once, from a distance. I heard it outside as it was buzzing around above my backyard. I went outside and noticed it had a camera on it and when I went outside it flew away only to hover over a neighbors backyard. I was still watching it and about a minute later I heard a shot gun blast and down went the quad. Some people around here take their privacy seriously. True story. I haven't seen any remote flying aircraft since and that happened almost two years ago.

I never had a remote plane but I had an old school one that ran on fuel and started with a battery. It was controlled by two strings connected to a single handle. When you tilted the top of the handle towards you, the plane climbs and vice versa. You just stand there, going around in circles, until it ran out of gas. Boring, by today's standards, but fun at the time. You could do loops with it and of course you had to have a friend with so you could have some mid-air collisions.

Can’t compete with the colonoscopy.

Did find a box of old gear and parts and pulled out an old early 70’s crybaby, plugged her in for the first time in a very long time and had a blast with it. Forgot how much fun they are. Loving an early retirement!!!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Black Dog said:

Hey Chris.  Nah, I'm satisfying my single coil desires with a '54 custom and R6 that are in the pipe.  The fender'y style things apparently aren't for me!  

Cool man, can't wait for your next NGD!  Both sound like great alternatives for Fender SC guitars.  But hey, I get it.  Sometimes we try a guitar and it seems like a great idea, looks nice, but just aren't inspired by it.  And I'm a big advocate for the Gibson Custom Shop guitars.  There are some of the best guitars on the planet coming out of this place IMHO.  My R7 and R9 are absolutely fantastic.  I'm sort of a Gibson snob now, because I don't even waste my time with their USA stuff.  Not that the USA lineup is bad, but they only have me lusting for their Historics.  Sort of like when I bought a 2018 Classic goldtop - when I really wanted an R6... 

• Like 1