Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

On 2/27/2020 at 6:13 AM, Marky Forrest said:

The purplish hue around the borders is due to using an old camera. The body is alder with aged cherry laminate.

Before: RvDmQlu.jpg

After: JzpQjxo.jpg

I think it looks cool with the Black on Black specially with the Maple fingerboard.

I installed a matched set of Slick Junior P90's, from GFS, in my Tele replacing the stock P90's that were a little microphonic. The new pickups, a hot 9.6K bridge and a 8.0K neck, sound really good to my ear on my tube amp.. The Slick Junior P90's both have the same pole spacing which is similar to a typical neck pickup, but aligned with the strings quite well in both the bridge an neck position. Very little 60 cycle noise, also the neck pickup is in reverse polarity so when in center switch position the hum cancelling works quite well.

Oh one last thing, Slick pickups came with a really nice long braided wire, already tinned for soldering..

Update.... Slick Junior P90's are very loud and sound pretty decent.... 

l5LiKpq.jpg

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, mihcmac said:

I think it looks cool with the Black on Black specially with the Maple fingerboard.

I installed a matched set of Slick Junior P90's, from GFS, in my Tele replacing the stock P90's that were a little microphonic. The new pickups, a hot 9.6K bridge and a 8.0K neck, sound really good to my ear on my tube amp.. The Slick Junior P90's both have the same pole spacing which is similar to a typical neck pickup, but aligned with the strings quite well in both the bridge an neck position. Very little 60 cycle noise, also the neck pickup is in reverse polarity so when in center switch position the hum cancelling works quite well.

Oh one last thing, Slick pickups came with a really nice long braided wire, already tinned for soldering..

Update.... Slick Junior P90's are very loud and sound pretty decent.... 

l5LiKpq.jpg

That is one very fine looking Tele. Nicely done.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marky Forrest said:

That is one very fine looking Tele. Nicely done.

3 hours ago, Brian Krashpad said:

Oh my land.  Schmexy.  WOULD.

Hmm, you guys might like the other side..

9ponjsW.jpg

Going to push it at my outdoor jam today..

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 2

My new Slick 90's sounded great and was able to get a good  Straty position 2 or 4  sound on mid position. The SR-15  keeps sounding better as the tubes burn in at higher volumes.  Also running the Joyo analog Chorus and Delay through the effects loop.   In general we had a great day....

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

Beautiful guitars. Thanks for sharing.  Haven't played lately, too busy remodeling the kitchen.  Gosh, I must be old. It wore me out painting all the trim,  4 windows, 5 doorways and 4 doors both sides plus the floor boards. Big kitchen. I'll be glad when its done. 

• Like 1

I cut about 40 trees, most of them small, yesterday. Clearing a homestite on some property I own. 

My chainsaw is running bad, I hope it's just old gas/carburetor issue.

I'm feeling it this morning !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Murph said:

I cut about 40 trees, most of them small, yesterday. Clearing a homestite on some property I own. 

Put some sea foam gas treatment in it.

5 hours ago, Murph said:

Doing something similar here myself, yesterday marking up to. 100 fire damaged trees that need to come down. Many more than that have to come out but damage was obvious so no need to mark them. Dropping 40 was a good effort!

I won’t live long enough to see it finished.

I need to buy a block splitter and metal wedges as mine were lost when my shed burned down. Should be right for firewood for a while~

• Like 2

Zoinks, 40 trees!

Saturday morning I watched footie.  Also, worked on a "Verified Amended Motion For Relief From Judgment And For Partial Rescission Of Marital Settlement Agreement, Or In The Alternative To Enforce Agreement Against Former Husband’s Estate," which I completed and sent to the client Sunday morning.  Saturday night I went to dinner with the missus and a couple of her friends, then missus and I went to see daughter in a play on the UF campus.  Well, not really a full play, but what's apparently referred to as a "reading."  So, there is acting and some simple costuming, but the lines are not all memorized, and there are no sets or staging.  It was "Shakespeare in the Park presents: The Sea Voyage by John Fletcher and Phillip Massinger."

I have a good photo of the cast after, but it's on my phone still, so this shot of the performance will hafta do.  That's my daughter peering over the chair, haha!

89031432_10102736294268165_1877794259118

Sunday, more footie on TV,  and drafted a "Respondent’s Answer And Affirmative Defenses To Petition For Dissolution Of Marriage & Other Relief, & Counterpetition For Partition," and sent it.  That afternoon, mowed most of the back yard with a push mower.  Had some dinner, stayed up and watched John Oliver on HBO and crashed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Digger said:

Dropping 40 was a good effort!

Some were very small, and they are all still on the ground. Just flopped them and buzzed up a mountain of brush. I'm going to burn most of the brush over their own stumps and see what this spot looks like. We bought this land decades ago but then had a daughter. 20 years later she's halfway through college, so we're looking at it again.

Man, that 20 years flew by...

Edited by Murph
  • Like 1

Drove down to a seldom visited section of coastline. Walked a few miles along there.  Got my step rate up pretty good. 🙂

Just ordered some Strap locks (see Schaller thread). 👌

Checked out and removed a very convincing looking scam e-mail. 🙁

Very shortly I will prepare for this evenings dance. \:D/

3 out of 4 aint bad!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Murph said:

Some were very small, and they are all still on the ground. Just flopped them and buzzed up a mountain of brush. I'm going to burn most of the brush over their own stumps and see what this spot looks like. We bought this land decades ago but then had a daughter. 20 years later she's halfway through college, so we're looking at it again.

Man, that 20 years flew by...

I dropped quite a few on the boundary yesterday until my back said “no more!” I have one more on that boundary to do this morning before it rains but it will have to be cut up and moved as it’s going to fall on my neighbours place. We have a bunch of tradies coming from Melbourne this weekend, a long weekend, to donate their labour to fire victims like us. Wonderful people! I’m hoping to collar a few to take out a dead orchard plus another planting of olive trees. Going to have some good bonfires here in winter!

Edited by Digger
  • Like 1

Began my 2nd day of no drinking. All of March and maybe later until I drop 18 pounds. Wish me luck.

I can say I slept well and woke up feeling better than I have in a long time. I'm doing it with my wife and keyboard player bandmate.

• Like 4

Started making two new guitars today... First time in about two years.....

One is going to be Walnut and Spalted Maple.

5P1tfXH.jpg

LdGCUgN.jpg

Walnut neck too

yoH8R7j.jpg

9tflUhY.jpg

And then one which will be a Sapele back and neck and flamed maple top

zhmJuJp.jpg

Kx6Xm6l.jpg

And top

TWc5NCU.jpg

And both will have an ebony board

TuTddZt.jpg

h3FVW0k.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mihcmac said:

Sold my last Gibson today, my Gibson Blues Hawk, I won't feel bad anymore about bringing Nitro finished guitars to such a humid climate...

I dumped last one after the infamous Mark video.  Virginia is humid but not as humid as Hawaii. Lived there for a year and a half. Had fun and enjoyed being called a Haole. Oh well at least milk isn't $5 a gallon where I live. 

7 hours ago, Tman said:

Thanks! So far so good but admittedly only 2 days.😏

I had to quit after my hospital release last year. I felt better too, and slept better, which was a massive bonus for me. After 3 months I started back though (because I was allowed) but its good to know I can just stop anytime I like. 

Good luck Tman 🙂

• Like 2