Gibson Brands Forums

NGD 2020 Southern Jumbo Original

sundown08

NGD!!! Say hello to "Woody". The newest member of the family! 2020 Gibson Southern Jumbo Original. He sounds as good as he looks!!! I finally found a Gibson with "That" Gibson sound. Woody sounding but with beautiful piano like chime. I could not be happier!!!!

Don’t know why the picture is rotated side ways. 😩

9FD0951C-D080-46F9-BD09-3952DAB647FB.jpeg

Edited by sundown08
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 2:29 PM, sundown08 said:

Don’t know why the picture is rotated side ways. 😩

9FD0951C-D080-46F9-BD09-3952DAB647FB.jpeg

Woody SJ

sometimes your phone or software shows it how you want but just for viewing but it really doesn’t rotate the picture. I copied your picture and rotated it. 

13 minutes ago, jt said:

Beautiful guitar. Congratulations.

I'm curious about the designation, "original," because the originals had neither the belly up bridge nor the bound fingerboard.

But, again, a beautiful guitar.

Their site does mention this. Sounds like lawyer talk 😉

This new Southern Jumbo Original picks up where those classic models left off. 

and

In order to continually improve the design, quality and performance of our products and instruments and to make use of the best materials at all times, Gibson reserves the right to change specifications without notice.

The more my belly moves downwards the more I like guitars with a belly up bridge!

Guys you made me crazy with that guitar. So, 5 minutes ago I bought one! Sundown, that's your fault, just saying.  🙂
It should be exactly this one from a nice store in Germany that make pics of each and every guitar they sell. So, this ist mine now:

a8-4819_Gibson-Southern-Jumbo-Original-2020-Vintage-Sunburst_edited v1.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Peter Z said:

Wanted to show another pic, but it seems I used the 02 MB already in the post above.

Don’t embed the picture in your post. Embed the link. You should be able to copy the picture link from the store and paste it in your comment. 
Congrats!

• Thanks 1