Gibson Brands Forums

The Studio club

jrseriel

When you look at the current Gibson site, the color of yours (and mine) doesn't match either the worn cherry or worn brown; it is somewhere in between. IMHO, yours leans more towards the brown. Mine is more slanted towards the cherry.

Mine is a 2008 and know that they are Burstbucker Pros for neck and bridge pups. Nice axe! msp_thumbup.gif

My new (1 month old) Les Paul Studio Tribute 50s with Humbuckers, Honeyburst with dark back, Toasted Maple fingerboard.

So far, extremely satisfied. And no problems of flakes with the dark finish.

Here are some pictures:

img9537f.jpg

By franeksplit at 2011-12-29

Its dark back:

img9542c.jpg

Of course no binding:

img9541ke.jpg

Its Toasted Maple fingerboard:

img9539l.jpg

tabledemalp.jpg

By franeksplit at 2012-01-11

Hellow everybody!

Who can tell what's the difference between Gibson Les Paul Studio of 2007, 2008 and 2009 year production? What is the difference in sound? For example, between Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony HR 2007 and Gibson Les Paul Studio WC 2009? Атв вo all LP Studio have inside voids? Or only some of them?

I love the look of this guitar very unusual [thumbup]

... there is many computed tomography units on that planet. and every single one would see it the very same way!

yours

wolfi

PS: I love just because of the sweet sounds it makes. I don´ care about the looks...

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't read all the threads and maybe this question has already been answered, but how does a LP studio stand up against the standard and customs LP's from a purely tone point of view.

I have a 90's LP studio which admittedly I hardly play (prefer acoustics) but was always wondering if the studio is a significant compromise to the standard and custom LP's.

Can anybody offer their perspective?

The Studio IS a Gibson Les Paul guitar, minus the hand labor intensive binding and in some cases the high polish on the surface. I have previously owned several old ('60's and '70's) Les Paul Customs, and I now own a 2010 Studio '50's Tribute P90. I found that the Studio is every bit as great as the old Customs and I find I prefer the simple style of the Studio...Mine is a Honeyburst andI have lightly hand polished the top. It looks to me very much like the late 1950's LP Model that the guitarist in my band from the mid 1960's played, and it has a fine feel to it...it is a beautiful sounding and playing guitar, and to me it looks absolutely fantastic. People say the wood is not as good on the Studio's as on the high end models, but my information states that it is exactly the same. All that is missing is some of the fancy looking touches.

mark

Your right,I added the binding before the refinish.I think there were some early Studio's that came with binding,but with dot inlays on the fretboard..

Yup, Studio Custom and the Studio Standard...mid 80's.

Here is my two '85 Studio Customs (wrong TRC on the burst guitar)

DSCN0242.jpg