Gibson Brands Forums

Some Cool Movies I've Been Watching The Past Few Weeks

Sgt. Pepper

Seen these movies a few times and it was time for another viewing. Each time I see them I pick up more stuff. One is Donny Darko, and the other is Memento. If you have never seen either they are very interesting. I think tonight I will watch The Big Lebowski again. If you have never seen either Donny or Memento and want to watch, watch closely the clues are there.

The Dude abides. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Seen these movies a few times and it was time for another viewing. Each time I see them I pick up more stuff. One is Donny Darko, and the other is Memento. If you have never seen either they are very interesting. I think tonight I will watch The Big Lebowski again. If you have never seen either Donny or Memento and want to watch, watch closely the clues are there.

The Dude abides. 

That's just like your opinion, man.

Edited by saturn
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

The Dude abides. 

Good taste! All excellent.

On 2/6/2021 at 12:55 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Roadie for Metallica, Speed Of Sound Tour, bunch of a-ssholes.

Ha ha, forgot about that one!

Unfortunately, I've watched that movie too many times. But what can you do. I couldn't stop once I started. One of the funniest movies ever.

7 minutes ago, Pinch said:

Ha ha, forgot about that one!

Unfortunately, I've watched that movie too many times. But what can you do. I couldn't stop once I started. One of the funniest movies ever.

Truer words were never spoken about 'Tallica.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

How do you guys watch movies online? I would like to get any tips and recommendations here. I am thinking about getting a Firestick and setting it up using the guides from https://www.firesticktricks.com/jailbreak-fire-stick.html for example. Looks like I will be able to watch a lot of free content this way. What do you think about it? Is it even legal lol? I would like to get any input on it here

Edited by pearhie

13 minutes ago, pearhie said:

How do you guys watch movies online? I would like to get any tips and recommendations here. I am thinking about getting a Firestick and setting it up using the guides from https://www.firesticktricks.com/jailbreak-fire-stick.html for example. Looks like I will be able to watch a lot of free content this way. What do you think about it? Is it even legal lol? I would like to get any input on it here

Legal streaming services. I buy the occasional dvd, but not very often. 

4 hours ago, pearhie said:

Cherry was asking about these last year. Result? Her son bought her one for Xmas. Result? All day Boxing day trying to download apps (free TV stuff). It took all day because she had slow broadband. I added an ethernet cable. It improved but was still unwatchable. Only by stumping up and paying for improved (cable) broadband did it finally work. The point is streaming TV needs fast broadband. 

Firesticks are perfectly legal, but you still have to subscribe (pay) for stuff like Netflix & Amazon Prime. 

ADDITIONAL: I just reread and followed your link re JAILBREAK: umm... not seen this before. Dunno.

Edited by merciful-evans
oversight

The best movie I've seen recently was The Trial of the Chicago  (2020). Its about the famous 1968 trail & events leading up to it. 

Sarge: If weird movies suit you, ever seen Being John Malkovich? a colab between dir Spike Jonze & writer Charlie Kaufman. 

2 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

The best movie I've seen recently was The Trial of the Chicago  (2020). Its about the famous 1968 trail & events leading up to it. 

Sarge: If weird movies suit you, ever seen Being John Malkovich? a colab between dir Spike Jonze & writer Charlie Kaufman. 

I've saw it years ago when it came out.

1 hour ago, ghost_of_fl said:

IMO Netflix is the best bang for your buck because in addition to the movies they host, they also produce some amazing content.  This limited series was great:

the-queens-gambit.jpg

yea, very good show. 

have you seen Your Honor or City on the Hill ? 

• Thanks 1

Nice choice of films Sgt. Pepper. Donnie is one of my all time favorite's and the Big Lebowski is a classic. Memento I've only seen once around the time it came out, but I remember it was a good one. 

Films to be watched in a place with a rug that really ties the room together you might say?!

Edited by cody78

11 minutes ago, cody78 said:

Nice choice of films Sgt. Pepper. Donnie is one of my all time favorite's and the Big Lebowski is a classic. Memento I've only seen once around the time it came out, but I remember it was a good one. 

Films to be watched in a place with a rug that really ties the room together you might say?!

Forget it Cody you're out of your element.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 2

Someone lent me "The Martian" which is good but got too bs for me, especially at the end.  Stupid - almost as bad as "Red Planet".  

But I also saw "Yesterday" which was very entertaining - there's a couple of holes in it, you think "hang on how does that work?" but it didn't matter. 

I got a DVD of "Dark Star" at the charity shop.  Only saw it on TV,  very late one night many years ago.  Haven't watched it yet.

Edited by jdgm

On 5/6/2021 at 5:41 AM, ghost_of_fl said:

IMO Netflix is the best bang for your buck because in addition to the movies they host, they also produce some amazing content.  This limited series was great:

the-queens-gambit.jpg

I watched about 3 or 4 episodes of it. I liked it. I need to go back and watch more.  But then my mom told me my uncle tried to teach me to play the game of Chess at 2 or 3.  All I know is I have been playing the game since I can remember.  

On 5/5/2021 at 9:46 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I've saw it years ago when it came out.

[confused]  YEARS AGO?   The movie( "The Trial Of The Chicago 7" )  came out in 2020, and it's now 2021! 

But there was also a teleplay about the trial that was broadcast in the '70's sometime.  Maybe later it was put on VHS or later DVD and THAT'S what you saw?

Whitefang