Gibson Brands Forums

What Do You Want That You Don't Have?

Sgt. Pepper

8 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

But!    A guitar might help you land a date with Jennifer!

May be an image of one or more people, people standing and text that says '7 GUITARS that's exactly how they work'

Any musician really. Look at Ric Ocasek and Billy Joel. Those dudes managed to get models for wives.

I have guitars. So that box is checked.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 4/4/2021 at 10:59 AM, Whitefang said:

Ach!   My list would take too long to type out and post, so I'll just pare it down to----

I'd like the BANG & OLUFSEN  system I had back in '80.  BEOMASTER 4400, BEOGRAM 6006 turntable and BEOVOX M-75 loudspeakers.  

When I split from the ex, I couldn't haul it off with me, but when I returned a couple days later to retrieve it, I found out she gave it to her dealer to pay off a coke debt!  [cursing]

But that was all purchased pre-CD, so a B&O disc player that's compatible would suffice.  [wink]

Whitefang

CORRECTION:

That turntable was a BEOGRAM 6000.

Whitefang

11 minutes ago, Pinch said:

That just makes it worse. God, I hate that show. So sugary, diabetes is a given. 

The show was how can I put it . . . lame.

I'd like to have the problem the guy had in Horrible Bosses when JA was hot for the one guy from Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

6 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

The show was how can I put it . . . lame.

Mm. I realize I'm in the minority, but... just, no. I recall Rollins summing it up, words to the effect of, oh no, someone has lost a shoe, what are we gonna do, we have a real problem here. 

A back that doesn't hurt everyday.  Painting the master bedroom one wall per day, moving furniture around to do a wall at a time.  It's killing me on the lower back, especially bending down crawling on the knees doing the floor boards.  

• Thanks 1

A full head of hair

All my natural teeth

A  "six pack" instead of a keg.  [wink]

RETIRED:

I'm guessing you meant the BASEBOARDS  up there instead of the floorboards.  But I get it.  I never painted those with a sore back, but they are a pain elsewhere!  [wink]   Never did like painting those.

Whitefang

• Like 1

The "Energy" of a 5 year old! Lol. My goodness, I watched Reagan the other day and she jumped up and down, skipping and dancing constantly over a couple of hours and she is four. So much energy, she doesn't know what to do with it all! 

On 4/6/2021 at 3:21 PM, DanvillRob said:

I do that by watching Battle Bots, Counting Cars and Top Gear, (too bad the British version got screwed up).

Both Pawn Stars and Counting Cars are so painfully obvious that they are scripted out to the n-th detail that they are a little hard for me to watch.  That being said, I completely concede/agree that the actual "pawn item appraisals" and also the cars on Counting Cars (in spite of the horrible scripts) can be very compelling.  My TV guilty pleasure is way worse than yours, though.  I am a Top Chef junkie along with whatever dumb cooking competition the Food Network has to trot out ... LOL

I'll admit.  I like watching "Pawn Stars" and "American Pickers" just to see some of the stuff people bring in and what Mike and Frank dig up.   There used to be a local Detroit production called "Hardcore Pawn" that's no longer being shown.    I've actually been to that pawnshop....

Whitefang