Gibson Brands Forums

The Les Paul Senior

jdgm

https://www.themusiczoo.com/blogs/news/introducing-the-gibson-custom-shop-music-zoo-exclusive-1954-les-paul-senior?goal=0_63363c100e-7c5ba7d597-263687321&mc_cid=7c5ba7d597&mc_eid=779a2e7ab7

Of course they are a huge price, being a Music Zoo exclusive run.   Don't care as I'm not up in that income bracket anyway.

But they look cool interesting to me. 

🎸

Edited by jdgm

30 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Interesting.. There seems to be a thing for one pickup guitars recently...  I wish Gibson USA would do more stuff like this...

If lawyers, doctors and dentists are buying them, well then your dream will come true.

Next will be the no pickup model, and you get to buy your own pickups, and do the routing, and wiring too. Its gonna cost you 8k, but man is it gonna be worth it.  The words Iconic and Holy Grail don't even begin to describe how other-worldly these are going to not sound when you buy one. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Next will be the no pickup model, and you get to buy your own pickups, and do the routing, and wiring too. Its gonna cost you 8k, but man is it gonna be worth it. 

They already have one of those  😄 

Gibson Les Paul Acoustic Tangerine Burst 2002 image 1

Gibson Les Paul Acoustic Tangerine Burst 2002 image 2

Gibson Les Paul Acoustic Tangerine Burst 2002 image 6

Gibson Les Paul Acoustic Tangerine Burst 2002 image 11

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like 'em.

+:-@

Ok that area is covered by the LP Special but...why not?  

Nobody here is going to buy one anyway! 

BTW the LP Rabs posted pics of was a very limited HJ-era run (50?  100?) with Chet Atkins SST electronics and there was one going for £7k in Europe recently.

Edited by jdgm

I bought a guitar from the MZ. Lied on the description and they shipped the guitar with minimal packaging AND the box arrived with a huge hole busted in it. Then they want the LP senior… F that. Btw, ended up returning it because I don’t do business with dishonest MFs. 

The new Gibson is crap priced in a range only an idiot would pony up. Pass.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

I bought a guitar from the MZ. Lied on the description and they shipped the guitar with minimal packaging AND the box arrived with a huge hole busted in it. Then they want the LP senior… F that. Btw, ended up returning it because I don’t do business with dishonest MFs. 

The new Gibson is crap priced in a range only an idiot would pony up. Pass.  

You shouldn't hold back so much, Chris. 😄😄😄😄

rct

2 hours ago, rct said:

You shouldn't hold back so much, Chris. 😄😄😄😄

rct

Lol just the mention of that place got me fired up! I remember explicitly asking the guy who I talked to over there to make sure that it was packaged right and all that… I asked this of them because I remember the day I bought an R9 from another guy a while back and how that clown sent it to me with only it in its case in a box - nothing else to absorb the abuse from the UPS guys. That R9 came to me with a banged up box and the toggle switch blew up all over the case. It was even worse with MZ. The box it came to my house in had a flipping gaping hole in it, the pickup pulled the bushing out of the body, dings all over the body of the guitar, bent tuner, the list goes on, and they said it was in “excellent” condition on Reverb. What a crock. Last time I do business there as they had to of photoshopped the guitar in the listing that got me to bite. Yeah I sent that thing back and demanded my money back immediately. 

Looks good to me, and nobody (?) knocks a Junior for one pickup so why not have a Senior version  with full LP body? I'd have thought this would make more sense as a regular production model priced between a Junior and a Standard though rather than a special run costing more than a Standard...maybe the publicity is of more importance to them than selling any. [confused]

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 'Scales said:

Looks good to me, and nobody (?) knocks a Junior for one pickup so why not have a Senior version  with full LP body? I'd have thought this would make more sense as a regular production model priced between a Junior and a Standard though rather than a special run costing more than a Standard...maybe the publicity is of more importance to them than selling any. [confused]

I bet they sell all of them...   🙂  but yes that what I was saying above.. Would be better as a USA model I think..  But hey whatever.. Its all good.  

I thought that with those modern double cut things they did a few years back..  They were kind of interesting but just not at Custom Shop prices (well not to me anyway).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 'Scales said:

The Jared James Nichols signature Epiphone models were pretty popular. They are this guitar with Custom decoration. I could see a Gibson USA version of this doing pretty well.

But the senior living forum needs something new to complain about every day.

• Like 1

Really, well to me, they look like some kind of "knock-off" budget thing you some years back could have bought at Service Merchandise.  But now, you'd have to get that crap out of a Fingerhut catalog.   And another thing I don't get....

In that video, was the guy trying to let us in on how good the guitar is supposed to sound,  or how great of a guitar player he fancies himself?  [huh]

Whitefang

I started this thread and another recently - which I deleted in a fit of rage - about LP style/shape special edition guitars ordered by Music Zoo.  

Here's the other guitar which featured in the 1st thread and got just as much oppobrium.......I liked the look of that one AND I like the idea and the look of the LP 'Senior' too.  

Gibson-Custom-Shop1958-LP.jpg

A beautiful and interesting variation on a very well-known theme in a tasteful burst.  What on earth is wrong with that?   You don't like the price, well you weren't going to buy it anyway!!    

Please may I also add that I had a pretty GOOD experience with Music Zoo.  I am in the UK and bought my L-4S from them.  It crossed the Atlantic and was delivered to me in excellent condition.  Cost a lot but that was down to customs and UK "Value Added Tax" ([angry]).  

P1020873.jpg

I LIKE Gibson guitars.   That's why I'm here.

](*,)

Edited by jdgm
  • Like 1