Gibson Brands Forums

What's on your mind today? The Gibson edition

Pinch

22 hours ago, Murph said:

So, you're cool with Chinese spy balloons flying overhead?

I'm not.

Both should have been shot down before entering our air space.

Before.

I never claimed anything of the sort.  You should try reading.  If you did you'd have noticed it was never implied.  You sound like my ex sister in law who, when I said I opposed the death penalty replied, "So, you think all murderers should be let off Scott free."  :rolleyes:

You'd have also noticed I too, forwarded the belief that it should have been shot down before entering our air space.  [cool]

Whitefang

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

I never claimed anything of the sort.  You should try reading.  If you did you'd have noticed it was never implied.  You sound like my ex sister in law who, when I said I opposed the death penalty replied, "So, you think all murderers should be let off Scott free."  :rolleyes:

You'd have also noticed I too, forwarded the belief that it should have been shot down before entering our air space.  [cool]

Whitefang

"  Every right-winger was b!tchin' about how long it took the current CIC to shoot it down.  "   Describing them as '*****ing' sounds to me like you disagree with that group.  - The only  logical conclusion is that you feel it did NOT take too long to shoot it down.    

Adding the statement it should have been shot down BEFORE - just throws another layer of confusion on it.

Might not be people need to  'try reading' after all.

Edited by fortyearspickn
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, SteveFord said:

The passage of time and the things we hold on to.

I've had this Buck Ranger pocket knife for almost 47 years now.

Just holding it brings back a lot of memories.  This thing has traveled quite a bit!

JTCrMrq.jpg

QXg1PKk.jpg

Steve,  That old Buck is a thing of beauty.  Looks like you take really good care of it: clearly you don't jingle your car keys in the same pocket!   I have an old Spyderco I've been carrying every day for half that amount of time.  Had to send it in once - it lost one of those funny screws they use. Replaced it, tightened it up and sharpened it  - no charge.  I guess they get lots of old knives sent in from older men.  Almost lost it once -  went to pay a speeding ticket - turned out to be a 'Traffic Court' with a metal detector. The cop told me to just leave it with him and pick it back up on the way out.  I guess he realized the crazy patchwork quilt of different knife laws in each city and town only served to create confusion.  

23 hours ago, Murph said:

He constantly dis-respected the Gibson brand, to the point of absurdity. This is a Gibson Forum for owners and enthusiasts. 

He purposely mis-spelled curse words to get past the filters knowing this site welcomes children and insulted other members with his bad manners and bad spelling. Myself, and many other long-time members and Gibson owners, would avoid this site for weeks at a time because it was becoming embarrassingly stupid.

He obviously wanted to get banned.

Good riddance, I say.

Murph,

Nothing compelled you to read his posts if they offended you. And since he was banned, there is still a lot of embarrassing stupidity being posted here, so perhaps that isn't all his fault after all.

RBSinTo

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Murph said:

THIS is what you said.

I know what I said.  Was wondering how you got that I was OK with Chinese spy balloons  flying overhead from that.  Anyway....

That balloon is old news.  Now it seems we've shot down other "unidentified" objects.  That's how the news put it.  "Unidentified objects"  Now I'm worried about pissing off some aliens from some other planet that can blow OUR planet out of the universe!  [omg]

[wink]

Whitefang

I like Red Wing boots and ordered something or other from them.

Two weeks later I start getting complimentary copies of GQ.  

You have to write to Red Wing and they have a special department where you request that they remove you from the list where they sell your personal information.  WTH?

---------------------------

Thank you for contacting Red Wing Shoe Company.  We received your request about the data we have stored about you.  We are checking our systems for your data, using the information you supplied, and will respond to your request within 45 days.

Thank you,

Red Wing Shoe Company

Edited by SteveFord

On 2/12/2023 at 3:42 PM, Murph said:

He purposely mis-spelled curse words to get past the filters knowing this site welcomes children

Kids today have smartphones. You think they don't already know all there is to know about everything they shouldn't know about until they're older? 

21 minutes ago, Pinch said:

Kids today have smartphones. You think they don't already know all there is to know about everything they shouldn't know about until they're older? 

What does that have to do with the rules of this site?

• Haha 1

This is literally the first line under "Rules".

Notice also the words "Common Sense".

"The Gibson forums are intended for users of all ages, please take this into consideration when posting and use common sense and don't post explicit profanity."

On 2/12/2023 at 10:46 AM, SteveFord said:

The passage of time and the things we hold on to.

I've had this Buck Ranger pocket knife for almost 47 years now.

Just holding it brings back a lot of memories.  This thing has traveled quite a bit!

JTCrMrq.jpg

QXg1PKk.jpg

good 'ol Zippo lighters. always made for funky tasting bong hits ...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Karloff said:

I think he was a source of annoyance for many here. and I'm pretty sure I know the exact comment that was the last straw. he took a shot at a moderator ...  

Yeah, I guess he went too far. But, I always got a kick out of his posts. I really don't think he was mean-spirited. I just think he liked to get a "rise" out of people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1