Gibson Brands Forums

How old will you be on your next birthday?

Mr. Gibson

I'll be 76, with a Best Before date long gone, and a parts replacement warranty that hasn't been in effect for many, many years.

Apparently, the fine print mentioned that over 60 years of hockey goaltending voided it.

Who knew?

Even so, it has been, and still is worth it.

RBSinTo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Murph said:

I remember when the Interstate System was new, white concrete stretching for thousands and thousands of miles. '55, '56, '57 Chevys and '64, '65, '66 Mustangs were daily drivers.

Rock and Roll was new, the dollar was backed by gold, the Beatles were together and classic Fender tube amps were the industry standard.

I feel blessed to have been a part of the greatest time in history.

I still remember way before the interstate system wasn't even thought of. Just a double high way. As a kid, in Council Bluffs, We picked Mulberries off trees where the interstate system is now. 

On 12/10/2023 at 12:35 PM, Mr. Gibson said:

I’ll be 62 years old. I thought I’d be dead by now, but the Lord is merciful.

We're probably in the same boat then. According to doctors, I should have died 7 times now. They can't explain how or why I'm still alive. 

very close to 70, closer than to 65

struggled but won...and still winning,   I say  good on the folks who get to be "old",  it  takes a long time, some luck and some good decisions, and dont forget to be happy you got here.

21 hours ago, Murph said:

401k's, stocks, bonds.

Real Estate.

Gold and silver.

Fender tube amps, Gibson acoustics. NOS American vacuum tubes.

Yea, we rock!

[thumbup]

No longer have a 401k....rolled it over to an investment firm who pays me some money  each month....figured out the government gives us 20 to pay back the taxes that were deferred on our 401K's....the "RMD" is planned out!

Sold ALL my real estate, ('cept my house).

No gold...a little silver.....wife bugs me to buy gold and silver....maybe....

A few Fender tube amps, Several Gibson acoustics.... have some spare vacuum tubes laying around.

So, I'm all set!

Edited by DanvillRob

22 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

I’ll be 77 also——-June 28th.

Hah !  May 28th  !    But, apparently Digger is taking home the gold. Medal. Plated.  Made Offshore.     

I remember the strange feeling - before I retired,  being in meetings and looking around and realizing I was always the oldest person in the room.  But, suddenly, I was the youngest person at the Shuffleboard tournaments !