Gibson Brands Forums

beatles or the stones

fast fret

I do love both, but The Beatles are my favs of all-time. Every time I listen to them, I am dazzled.

That takes nothing away from The Stones. Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, and Exile on Main Street are absolute masterpieces of rock.

I hate Beatles vs. Stones polls. Their music is very different from each other and I like them both for different reasons. About the only similarities are that they both broke big in the 60's and are from England.

I hate Beatles vs. Stones polls. Their music is very different from each other and I like them both for different reasons. About the only similarities are that they both broke big in the 60's and are from England.

+1

I agree!

But the Beatles are better! :)

Yep ghey poll ...<<<--- LOL!!!! pole ghey LOL!!!!

I personally think the stones but i'm in love with the song norwegian wood. Tell everyone what you think

Norwegian wood. Isn't it good?

I've been playing Norwegian wood and blackbird since moby was a goldfish. They're so full of rythm and melody they sound so good. Now I just need a sitar (and an acoustic lol).

No choice. I grew up with those groups. Our band learned everything they did as soon as it hit the air or the juke-box in the high-school lunch room. Both of them. Very different musical styles, no basis for comparison other than era and country of origin. They are each integral and very vital parts of Rock's evolution.

It's not so much a comparison just a musical preference, as they are the 2 bands that became VERY famous from the 60s they represent that era, it's the same debate of Zep and The Who, despite being very different musically they achieved the same thing, very loud rock n roll shows.

The Beatles and the Stones were very different but both achieved thousands of hysterical girls at each show and turned pop into something more.

It is a kick a55 thread!

Grew up listening to both, have seen both "Live," at various times, and NEVER compared them!

Apples to Tongues! :>) The Beatles have always been, and will always be MY favorite band, but...

I like/love the Stones, too...just for what they are/do. Loved the Animals, Yardbirds, Byrds, Dylan,

The Kinks, Spence Davis Group, Deep Purple etc...all for what They did.

CB

Both are great bands, the influence of the Beatles beyond music places them ahead of the Stones in my book.

But after reading "Many Years From Now", Paul's Bio, it is interesting just how close the members of the two bands were and still are, they would even coordinate release dates for their records so they wouldn't knock each other off the charts. Paul turn Mick on to pot, in his book he states how they thought the whole image of the Beatles being the "good" band & the Stones being the "bad boy's" was so funny. During the recording of the Sarg. Peppers, The White Album, Mystery Tour, and the Let it Be album Jagger and some of the other Stones were always present in the studio.

Archived