Gibson Brands Forums

Pizza

Californiaman

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, to me, nothing beats a NY style pizza. However, I'm a lover of pizza and love both styles. If unless someone is buying, or there is a special request, if I make my favorite, it's NY style.

Does not really matter to me, but if I have to pay for it, all else equal, it's NY for me.... Pizza Hut or Dominoes never enters into the equation. For anyone in Anchorage, AK, you must try the pizza at the Moose's Tooth. Guaranteed, the best pizza ever, unless you are from NY or Chicago. My wife and I preferred over the pizza that we had in various places in Italy... Though it could be related to the Mooses Tooth having their own micro-brewery...

I said I would eat either but really my first choice is Waterfront Pizza in Port Townsend. They have the best pizza ever!

My dad went on tour all over the US and Canada and he says that Waterfront is by far the best Pizza he has had any where. If any one else is ever in that area they should try it! [thumbup]

I've been to NYC once. I was there 24 hours. I didn't eat pizza.

I've been to Chicago several times. I love the pizza.

The best pizza I ever had was from King Pizza in Fayetteville, Arkansas back in the late '70s. King Pizza was supposedly owned and operated by a couple of guys from NYC who came to the U of A to go to school.

Don't care as long as it is pizza and not a white pizza or pesto pizza or any of the vegetarian crap my wife orders. We have a Nello's pizza which is great pizza although the best pizza I ever had is the Hawaiian pizza at a Roundtable pizza place in Maui I don't know what the sauce is but it's amazing.

Pizza is great regardless of where you are, but my choice is New York pizza--from New York City, my hometown. If you haven't had it, you haven't had it, and you won't get it until you do have it. New York is home to some of the best pizzerias in the world--and, interestingly enough, some of the worst ones as well. We have plenty of chain stores here--Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's...I have classmates who swear by them, and I always ask "Why? Oh God, why?" We also have lousy ninety-nine cent slices around here, with cardboard crust. It's not great, but it's not terrible either. We have a few places that are downright dissapointing, and he have places that are just sort of underwhelming. Then, there are a few (and by a few, I mean quite a few) very special eating establishments in this city, and I've got to say that when it's good, it's good. You need to know where to look, and of course there's good pizza all over the world, but I swear, I've had the best pizza I've ever had at local, family-owned establishments in New York.

Incidentally, I'd say that the worst pizza I'd ever had was in New York as well--it was an individual microwaveable pizza that I got served in the hospital when I was recovering from a car accident. It was disgusting!

Archived