Gibson Brands Forums

Most Overplayed Classic Rock on FM Radio

Artie Owl

Hey, I'm assuming some of us still listen to the FM radio, whether driving or in the morning or the shower or running or walking or whatnot.

In your area you probably also have a radio station that claims they play the BEST CLASSIC ROCK but what song in your opinion is WAY OVERPLAYED? Great song but played too much?

My stations here way overplay "Lowrider" by War.

You?

I bought Serious Radio several years ago because I hated FM radio along with its commercials, but as I remember going with Darl "freebird" was over played here in the South, as much as I love the song and its lead at the end I can only hear it so many times

The whole Dark Side of The Moon and The Wall albums.

Funk #49

Slow Ride

I can go on and on and on...radio killed many songs for me.

I only listen to talk radio now and for music, I program my own listening.

Sweet Home Alabama by Lynard Skynard. Indeed a great song from a great band, but I keep hearing it when I go out. Jeeze I probably heard it about 8 times this week. After awhile it would start to sound like Jone *** brothers or the Hansens.... Hmm.........didn't the US Army use one of the Hansen's song to torture Sadam Huessin?

Whole Lotta Love or Comfortably Numb. Great songs from great bands. I just don't ever need to hear those songs ever again...ever.

What irks me is when they have an all request hour on the local Classic Rock radio station and some idiot will call in and REQUEST Whole Lotta Love, or Comfortably Numb, or More than a Feeling, etc.... Why would someone call in to request a song that is going to get played 10 times a day anyway?

Hal FM here in Halifax has a program called "House of Hair" on Friday Nights and they play a lot of hard rock and hair metal, I think the show is on multiple stations though, is that syndication? I actually make it a point to try and tune in when I can.

I have to agree with everyone on this one though, of all the Skynyrd songs they could play they always stick to Sweet Home Alabama. I don't think I've ONCE heard Tuesdays Gone on the radio around here.

Never listen to the "Radio," (FM or otherwsie) anymore....for those very reasons. They still tend

to do rotation lists, and there's just too damn many commercials, as well. So...I listen to CD's, or

MP3 downloads, of music "I" like, Classic Rock, Classical, Jazz, Blues, and even (some) "Country."

I don't even watch (much) TV, anymore...Just play DVD's, for the most part. The "News" I get, on the

computer, when I can stand (or need) to watch it, that is. ;>b

CB

Archived