Gibson Brands Forums

gary moore...love or hate?

S t e v e

He's a good guitarist but I will never put him on my iPod or anything. Basically if he came on the radio I'd change the channel.

I just think his music is cheesey and not creative or inspiring at all.

Oh snap. Steve's gonna hate you now [unsure]

I myself voted for "him and steve have a thing going...", we all know it

Honestly never listened to him. I'm sure he's good but......every third post I come across on here

is dealing with Gary Moore so just out of spite I actually dont want to even give him a listen.

I know, I know if you dont want to read about it dont click on it.

For the life of me, I can't see anything about him that would make him stand out. I hear no identifiable Gary Moore sound. I hear no identifiable Gary Moore licks. With Page, Clapton, Beck, Hendrix, etc, you know who they are just by hearing them. With guitarists like Santanna and Satriani, I don't care for that style of playing, but I can surely appreciate it. The over the top gain trashes the true sound of a guitar. Most of the videos posted here are actually painful to watch and listen to.

Honestly never listened to him. I'm sure he's good but......every third post I come across on here

is dealing with Gary Moore so just out of spite I actually dont want to even give him a listen.

I know, I know if you dont want to read about it dont click on it.

+1

I don't get the point of repeatedly posting videos of Gary Moore. It's a bit sad really. It's obvious that you worship him and that's your business, but I do get sick of seeing post after post about him on a Gibson Forum. But I just bypass them. I think we all know now that he is your hero. Have you ever thought of starting your own Gary Moore forum somewhere else far away from this one?

I think there is a bit of a cycle here because we have been down this road before were its Gary bloody Moore and its never ending then you get the message and it goes quite for a while then it all starts up again.If nothing elese your predictable. [cursing] I like G M but no more or less than anybody else.Its like stalking via a forum.

I guess he is a great guitarist, but I can't really stand listening to what he does. Way too over the top, in the not funny but cheezy annoying bad way. Sorry.

I think he could really have use of a really heavy handed producer or a band with a dictator telling him what to do.

I think there is a bit of a cycle here because we have been down this road before were its Gary bloody Moore and its never ending then you get the message and it goes quite for a while then it all starts up again.If nothing elese your predictable. [cursing] I like G M but no more or less than anybody else.Its like stalking via a forum.

well why don't you just bore off and move on to another thread? simplez [tongue]

Archived