Gibson Brands Forums

Take Our Guitar Pick Survey!

natuMz

Below is a link to a survey that we're conducting for a senior project. It consists of 11 questions about guitar picks. Anyone who plays a stringed instrument and has ever used a pick can answer it. Please do not take this if you do not play a stringed instrument! Thankyou.

Click Here For Survey

Good thing I play I play the harp and use a pick... wait. I play trumpet nevermind

The survey looks and feels like SPAM.......But I didn't get any on the cruise, so..................I answered...

Nah, it was made with Google Docs.

Also, done.

I would like to point out to the OP, that you may want to consider putting in questions for age and years of experience. This may give better perspective on the answers you get.

Nah, it was made with Google Docs.

Also, done.

I would like to point out to the OP, that you may want to consider putting in questions for age and years of experience. This may give better perspective on the answers you get.

Smacked of thinly veiled market research to me, but I don't mind helping out.

Someone once gave me 3 picks that had little finger rings on top of them, connected to the pick. The idea was to put the ring over your index or middle finger and hold the pick normally otherwise. You couldn't drop it, but it was kind of handy to strum and alternate with fingerstyle.

Since I tend to use the big triangle picks by Fender, the ones that look like baby Doritos, I don't have much problem dropping a pick because it's always flexed between my thumb, index and middle fingers. Less flex lets it be thin. More flex in my fingers makes it stiffer.

I can't remember the last time I dropped a pick, so whatever they might be selling, I ain't buying.

I usually don't use a pick anyway, so when I do, and I drop it, it sort of reaffirms why I don't like them in the first place.

I certainly have no interest in playing for a doohicky that makes them less likely to be dropped.

Unless it has a $1200 nitro paint job over a flamed maple top. Some things are sacred.

Archived