Gibson Brands Forums

What digital devices do you use?

dem00n

I choose the Ipod Classic as my weapon, armed with 160GB.

For some reason i worry that one day 160GB wont be enough, hope by then some company makes a bigger one.

Edit: Doh! Forgot to mention Xbox 360, basic cell phone and a LG TV which i only use for video games. [biggrin]

I choose the Ipod Classic as my weapon, armed with 160GB.

For some reason i worry that one day 160GB wont be enough, hope by then some company makes a bigger one.

Edit: Doh! Forgot to mention Xbox 360, basic cell phone and a LG TV which i only use for video games. [biggrin]

I thought the new one was like 250 or something.

I use my MacBook Pro, and an iPhone. That's usually about it, never play video games unless I'm at a friends, most movies I get from netflix and watch it on my computer.

I'm still rollin' my old 20GB iPod in the car. I have thought about a Classic, but I can barely find stuff on the

20GB since that's thousands of songs. (I don't keep any video on there). My music library is about 300GB, but if

I put all that on an iPod, I'd wreck before I found what I wanted. I'm big on play lists since I grew up in the mix

tape era, so this iPod is full of "crank it" tunes for driving. I have all kinds of killer play lists on this baby.

For a more portable device, I have an older iPod Nano that I use for working out or jogging. Not as small as the

newer ones, but small enough. Plus it small enough that I have to change the music often - which I like doing. I

generally us this as the place to put new music that I want to listen to.

I also have an iPhone, and there is music on there, but I rarely use it for that. I have some video on there,

mostly Metalocalypse.

Since Apple as a company doesn't exist in Tman's world of awesome, I just use my phone for my music. It's a pretty nice phone. The Samsung Impression. Does everything I need it to do. However my real electronic goodies start with my computer. It's one bada$$ S.O.B. I've put a ton of cash into it and it can run the newest games on the market with the graphics maxed out. So I then pair amazing graphics with my 23' inch full 1080P HD monitor that sits about a foot from my face. I also have a second monitor right next to it for other stuff. That one isn't HD though. I also got other HD TV's in the house. My Line 6 amp counts too I guess. msp_cool.gif

I use an iPod Touch 32GB, I am getting an iPhone when it is finally offered by Verizon if it ever is.

Phone and iPod through bluetooth connection in my car.

I use a Boss Micro BR for headphone/travel practice, backing tracks and drum machine to practice.

50" inch plasma in the den, 42" in our bedroom.

A crappy HP laptop with Vista and a 8 or 9 year old desktop to record, hence the low recording activity. But this is all changing for 2011, a Mac Pro is in the near future.

I have a small 8gb MP3 player that keeps me entertained enough. I still have 5- or 600 albums on vinyl that may, one day, be transferred to some newer tech device but there's something about vinyl that I like. A few more hundred on Compact Cassette may get the same treatment.

My last client who preferred to receive their images on film finally saw the light (pun)about 5 years ago and now everything I shoot is digital. I've just bought a Canon EOS 7D. When (as today) I shoot to get 16-bit TIFFs each image is 105mb. Good quality. It can also shoot 1080 HDMI in up to 12 minute bursts. Nice camera.

P.

Well I have two Ipod Classics a Touch a Nano and a IPhone (4) all full of misc. music and video's - My IPAD is my go to tech toy though honestly it's probably my favorite thing next to guitars and my art tools. The ipad is perfect for playing games watching vids, listening to music, searching the web and even tuning and working as a personal amp using amplitude if I lost my IPad i would replace it the same day couldn't live without it now.

Well I have two Ipod Classics a Touch a Nano and a IPhone (4) all full of misc. music and video's - My IPAD is my go to tech toy though honestly it's probably my favorite thing next to guitars and my art tools. The ipad is perfect for playing games watching vids, listening to music, searching the web and even tuning and working as a personal amp using amplitude if I lost my IPad i would replace it the same day couldn't live without it now.

I'm sorry man, but thats really sad. msp_unsure.gif Especially since the IPad is a piece of junk. dry.gif

Oh God yes I said it! I said that something by apple is a piece of junk! I've committed blasphemy! Bring on the flames!

Archived