Gibson Brands Forums

NGD= SG

surfpup

I've been wanting some sort of double cut for a while for slide. I was keeping one

of my Les Pauls set up just for slide, but I just can't get around that LP heel for

the high stuff. So this SG faded in worn cherry is going to be my slide machine now.

I gotta say it's a hell of a guitar for only $699! Tomorrow I'll give it a thorough

set up, clean up, and probably even hit it with the Virtuoso polish.

Here it is in its "right from Guitar Center and been played by a slew of kids state."

Tomorrow it'll be pretty for its "after" pics. [biggrin]

DSC_0012-1.jpg

Outstanding, great looking SG. I used a floor SG Faded Bass that was pretty beat until my Heritage Cherry came in. The front looked great, the back of the bass took the brunt of it all.

Thanks, guys. Funny how a new guitar is inspiring. Can't put it down.

It's really nice having all this upper fret access. I might have to set

it up middle of the road - high enough for slide, but low enough for

regular pickin' too.

This is so weird. I just had one in my checkout cart on GC.com yesterday since they sent me a $100 off coupon that would actually work on a Gibson. I was going to get the Epiphone SG which actually has good reviews when I saw this one. But I chickened out since though we're not hurting for money yet I am still on medical leave and couldn't justify the explanation to the boss . . . if you know what I mean?

Yeah, I know, what a wuss . . . [crying]

Enjoy,

I've always been a fan of the SG, keep one handy most of the time. I too, love the double cuts.

I went well over a decade without a Les Paul, actually bought my Studio shortly after Lester died, just because of his death and this place.

Nice one.....

The guys at Sam Ash recommended the Gibson Pump Polish for both the Faded and Heritage SG. It supposedly adds to the nitro finish. Once again, Congrats on one of the original Axes that made the rock sound Heavy around the world. It's bite and growl is like no other.

Archived