Gibson Brands Forums

Page # 2

sparky scott 29

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as i love gibson guitars, i do wish they would start to think about their pricing and what they are producing. How many "signature" or namesake guitars do we need? Then bump the price because someone famous endorses it..

I would love to see Gibson, not epiphone do more guitars in the $500- $1000 category. I'm sure its more than possible and yes they would be considered more as the entry level as opposed to the aspire too ranges.

And how about creating a new classic of the future, a body shape, instantly recognizable for the right reasons at entry or mid level pricing for the basic model. they could do it like they do with specials and standards of other models.

As much as i love gibson guitars, i do wish they would start to think about their pricing and what they are producing. How many "signature" or namesake guitars do we need? Then bump the price because someone famous endorses it..

I would love to see Gibson, not epiphone do more guitars in the $500- $1000 category. I'm sure its more than possible and yes they would be considered more as the entry level as opposed to the aspire too ranges.

And how about creating a new classic of the future, a body shape, instantly recognizable for the right reasons at entry or mid level pricing for the basic model. they could do it like they do with specials and standards of other models.

Right on the money!

I couldn't of said it any better..tomatoes.gif

I'm not saying they shouldnt have something for the super wealthy but they should remember that a lot of us are not super wealthy. They just seem to be making more signatures and reissues than anything else then making them even more expensive because of a name or date. is the wood or construction so much better because of the price tag?

I would be expecting Jimmy to um do a little more while he was over to my place and all than just set the guitar up . . . if you know what I mean?

Ridiculous.

Of course, this coming from someone that desperately wants one of these . . .

My link

Though I can get that one locally for less than $4K.

As bad as I want it, I will likely get a goldtop Traditional and another custom made Carvin instead.

I own a Pearly Gates VOS. it was expensive as h*ll but worth every penny.

Its the usual gibson overpricing..

With all due respect, that's a stupid thing to say and you obviously don't know the market very well. This is purely the market for rich guitar collectors. Have a look at eBay #160518239849 and see what people try to sell them for on the used market. Now why would Gibson sell you that guitar for $2,000 - $3,000 when they very well know what these guitars sell for used?

You want to see more Gibson Les Pauls for under $1,000? WHO DOESN'T?? The fact is labour rates in the US are much higher than wherever they make those Epiphones. I don't know what you do for a living but how about you and everybody else you work with takes a massive pay cut so your customers can buy your product/service for less?

Anybody every notice the price of a Lamborghini or a Koenigsegg? They're just cars...

Not trying to be a prick but that's just the way things are. I can't afford an ultra exotic car but I also don't complain about their prices. I appreciate them for what they are.

I own a Pearly Gates VOS. it was expensive as h*ll but worth every penny.

With all due respect, that's a stupid thing to say and you obviously don't know the market very well. This is purely the market for rich guitar collectors. Have a look at eBay #160518239849 and see what people try to sell them for on the used market. Now why would Gibson sell you that guitar for $2,000 - $3,000 when they very well know what these guitars sell for used?

You want to see more Gibson Les Pauls for under $1,000? WHO DOESN'T?? The fact is labour rates in the US are much higher than wherever they make those Epiphones. I don't know what you do for a living but how about you and everybody else you work with takes a massive pay cut so your customers can buy your product/service for less?

Anybody every notice the price of a Lamborghini or a Koenigsegg? They're just cars...

Not trying to be a prick but that's just the way things are. I can't afford an ultra exotic car but I also don't complain about their prices. I appreciate them for what they are.

Everybody should listen to this guy cause he knows what he's talking about! msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

I would never pay that much for a guitar I would rather put my money in STOCKS or maybe REAL ESTATE since those have been so good over the last few years or maybe I'll just go buy another run of the mill car that depreciates 50% the day I buy it...

Realistically though if you don't have a high disposable income then you don't but guitars like that and if you are in the bracket that can afford it then it's not that much money when you start comparing it to other toys.

Pricing on signature guitars may be one thing, but on more of the standard products, give the real world a break. Now I can see why so many claim Gibson's prices are out of control, and are buying Fender. (sorry folks)

you obviously don't know the market very well. This is purely the market for rich guitar collectors.

BINGO.....

Gibson DOES make cheap Les Pauls. They're called "Studios". They are damned good guitars. Made in U.S.A. for a bit over a grand. I wouldn't want em' any cheaper.

Sheese.

It's this contantly wanting sh1t cheaper that's killing our economy. Man up and buy some quality gear.

I really can't see what all the fuss is about.

If you want a cheap Gibson Les Paul then get a Studio. They are well-built and, in a blind test, would be pretty much indistinguishable from any other Les Paul. Certainly the skill of the player matters much more in producing a good tone than whichever hardware happens to be fitted.

If you pay more money for a Les Paul then you are primarily getting fancier trappings.

P.

EDIT : As I was typing this Murph had just beaten me to it! LOL!

Yesterday I went to the grocery store, and a block of Velveeta was almost $8. Yes, $8 for a block of processed cheese. That is more than I am willing to pay for it.

Velveeta doesn't owe me anything. They have no responsibility to provide me with affordable cheese. Just because I grew up liking the creamy, melty goodness doesn't mean this company is turning their back on the loyal fans because I, personally, am not willing to shell out $8 for a block of cheese-like-substance.

I have purchased this brand several times in the past, but now, its just too expensive. Velveeta likely conducted some market research after looking at the cost of ingredients and packaging, and determined they could sell the cheese for $8 block, and most people would still buy it. I am sure that there are other people that wont pay $8. Heck, there are people that wont pay $4 for it, but Velveeta would be stupid to change their pricing structure for the people that wont pay $4, when most people will pay $8.

I think I would be willing to pay $6 for it. I guess I will wait for a coupon or see if it goes on sale.

-Its funny that as consumers, this paragraph shoots through our heads a hundred times every time we walk into a grocery store. We look for sales, compare prices, and buy other brands if we see products on our lists that are too expensive. Yet suddenly, we see a shiny, new guitar and forget everything we know about consumerism, economics, and just plain common sense.

I am saving for a Gretsch Professional Series Duo Jet, new they are around 2 grand, but I'm going to buy one used, usually can be had around 1300-1400 in minty condition. The Gretsch Electromatic line makes a Duo Jet for about 500. I would like it for the Professional Series to be around 500, but then I realize the quality would be the same as the Electromatic.

I wish rain was beer, I wish more hot girls were naked around me, I wish I could have amazing guitars for free

...The JP #2 is a collector's item.

...The Studio is a working musician's instrument. Studios are excellent guitars. Not saying the JP #2 isn't, but frankly I would feel squeamish about playing something that costs that much. Heck, I'd feel squeamish spending that much, so I understand the OP's position, but...

Hey, the Gibson LP's are excellent all down the line. There's a sweet guitar to be found at every price point.

BINGO.....

Gibson DOES make cheap Les Pauls. They're called "Studios". They are damned good guitars. Made in U.S.A. for a bit over a grand. I wouldn't want em' any cheaper.

Sheese.

It's this contantly wanting sh1t cheaper that's killing our economy. Man up and buy some quality gear.

Exactly..Hell theres a Melody Maker for like 400$?$ or the SG faded for 600$..? Gibson is a luxury..and I have no problem paying the prices I do.

Archived