Gibson Brands Forums

Any sports fans miss the NBA?

EVOL!

The Association has become the laughing stock of sports.

The owners better wake up quick and realize just who is bringing in the fans and the money. Last time I checked there realy isn't a market for Jerry Buss's jersey. When was the last time Mark Cuban got a sneeker deal from Nike with his name on it?

I love basketball. I love to play it, and to watch it.

I am very unhappy about missing some of the season. I was unhappy about missing the preseason games.

I wish the nonsense would end, and the season BEGIN!!!!

The only basketball I watch is NCAA level, I find the lack of defense by most players in the NBA makes the game rather uninteresting. Sad, I used to love it when I was a kid and Jordan (and the rest of the Bulls, can't forget Scotty & crew) were dominating.

The only basketball I watch is NCAA level, I find the lack of defense by most players in the NBA makes the game rather uninteresting. Sad, I used to love it when I was a kid and Jordan (and the rest of the Bulls, can't forget Scotty & crew) were dominating.

The Bulls were awesome, and a lot of my friends are big Bulls fans so I'll watch games with them on occasion, but yeah, the only basketball I'll watch is collegiate (hell, most of the sports i watch now are collegiate)

Pros are lame

NOPE!!!

If they wore uniforms that fit nice, not the dinner knife wrapped in a cloth napkin look, & could do all the old, interesting shots instead of palming the ball in the net I might. I lost interest when they got to start grabing & touching the others on the court and it not be a foul. Then they started the "slam dunk" and being able to touch the rim & net etc. Just old school (I like to think of it as "classic") with some things. Funny, all I do all day is cutting edge technology for homes & business, but I'm really a "classics" & "vintage" type of guy.

Aster

The NBA hasn't been the same since they destroyed the game by adding the 3 point shot. Since then I can count the number of games I've seen on 1 hand.

Craig

For me it was when the officials, "unofficially," quit penalizing the players for hanging on the hoop. At about this same time 'traveling' seemed to be a hit or miss call. Usually, if your initials were M.J. they looked the other way if you took an additional step or two.

For me it was when the officials, "unofficially," quit penalizing the players for hanging on the hoop. At about this same time 'traveling' seemed to be a hit or miss call. Usually, if your initials were M.J. they looked the other way if you took an additional step or two.

if you're in a commercial, they look the other way if you wanna walk from half court!

play street ball, I hate pansy *** charge calls when no one is even near em. When me and my friends play, elbows get thrown, people get knocked down and you just get back up.

don't be a *****, and maybe I'll watch NBA... its like I'm watching the WNBA but they can actually score points

Whether you like the NBA or not, I find it quite incredible that so many of you seem to be oblivious to the fact that with the NBA not going on right now, thousands of people are not working. I'm not talking about the players. Think of all the people who work in the arenas. They are really being hurt by all this nonsense. All the business in the area around the arenas that depend on the traffic. The fast-food workers, the parking attendants, the security guards, etc. They are all being affected by this.

Even if you hate watching the NBA I would think you would want them to be up and running; if not for the entertainment purposes, then for our economy. [confused]

Whether you like the NBA or not, I find it quite incredible that so many of you seem to be oblivious to the fact that with the NBA not going on right now, thousands of people are not working. I'm not talking about the players. Think of all the people who work in the arenas. They are really being hurt by all this nonsense. All the business in the area around the arenas that depend on the traffic. The fast-food workers, the parking attendants, the security guards, etc. They are all being affected by this.

Even if you hate watching the NBA I would think you would want them to be up and running; if not for the entertainment purposes, then for our economy. [confused]

This is so true. But the prima donnas on both sides of the issue don't seem to have much care for the "little people", the workers and the fans.

Archived