Gibson Brands Forums

Me Playing Some Queen

Duende

I recorded this today for a Valentines CD I am making - it is Queen's beautiful ballad 'Love Of My Life' - It was arranged by my former guitar coach Carlos Bonell and a guy called David Young. I have changed a couple of things that I felt suited my playing style; but other then that it is a faithful interpretation of these two chaps' arrangement.

I of course love The Beatles, but I think Queen are right up there with them as perhaps the two greatest song writing bands the world has known...Love is in the air!!!

Cheers everyone,

Tim, keep watching this space; as I have a new album of 20th and 21st century classical guitar coming out (in the mastering stage), an ep of original Gypsy Jazz songs and also a new album of original compositions!

I have updated my recital programme for 2012 (like Matt 2.0 :) ) and this is going to be played a lot. I tend to stray away from what I consider over played pieces (Asturias, Romance, Classical Gas etc etc) but this is a piece that I will proudly perform alongside people like Villa Lobos and Brouwer!

Freddie - sorely missed

freddie_mercury.jpg

Damn dude.

The ability to look into a piece of music, play it in a different interpretation, and STILL keep the essence of it is a talent not many have. But it is the ability to do that and find MORE into it is what makes your work worthwhile to my ears.

Thank you everyone!

Matt - Simply gorgeous. I am not a huge Queen fan, but you may turn me into one with that interpretation!

I am sincerely pleased about that - I hope in particular, that the transferring of Queen's songs into a classical idiom like this; makes people realise what amazing song writers they were!

Sometimes in pop/rock, when we think we don't like a band or an artist, it is really the performance and image we dislike. As black coded dots on a page - IMHO many of Queen's pieces of music, are nothing short of musical masterpieces!

Matt

Damn dude.

The ability to look into a piece of music, play it in a different interpretation, and STILL keep the essence of it is a talent not many have. But it is the ability to do that and find MORE into it is what makes your work worthwhile to my ears.

Yup. Matt has serious skills...i love listening to his playing!

Tim, keep watching this space; as I have a new album of 20th and 21st century classical guitar coming out (in the mastering stage), an ep of original Gypsy Jazz songs and also a new album of original compositions!

Hey, just let me know when and I'll click the BIN. [thumbup]

And if you ever need a groupie, just say the word... [blink]

[lol]

Thanks again amigos - I have been much more detailed in my practising lately; having zero tolerance towards things that aren't 100 percent and just really practising slowly and carefully etc!

It definitely pays off - I feel like Matt 2.0 compared to the slower running model I was last year! LOL

Matt

Archived