Gibson Brands Forums

ONE-HIT WONDER CONTENT

J.R.M.30!

Ok.. two hit wonder :)

I know the film Cadyshack (classic) but im not sure it was a hit (certainly not over here).. Footloose however was massive..

Wonder what hes up to now (not) :)

Kenny Loggins was not a one-hit wonder, nor a two-hit wonder. He had several of his songs make the top of the charts.

He was also a member of one of the most popular duos of the early seventies, Loggins and Messina. They had several top 10 hits as well. You should try listening to it; pretty good stuff imo.

After that he went solo.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWOTdt9Bovk&feature=player_detailpage

Ten or so years after this was a number one hit I had the pleasure of working on a handful of songs with this guy. The record didn't do anything, or we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. It was a pleasure to hear him sit there witha canna Iron City and hit this one up.

rct

and proving they can still ROCK

Nice [thumbup] It was a shame really.. I had their first album and quite liked it (for cheesy 80s rock :)) I think they did do more but never had as bigger hit as this... Good to see they are still around [thumbup]

Hmm ok..

Well sorry Peter and Kenny.. I didnt mean to be rude :) (they obviously just wernt as big over here ;))

no worries ! in in the "uk" too, Gibraltar actually but listen to a lot of US music

in fact cetera and chicago as rightly say not soo big in UK / Europe but very popular in the USA

Do you think that maybe some people don't understand the concept of "ONE-HIT WONDER"? <_< [confused]

Come on...you know its true.

[lol]

I think the Beatles had a couple hits [biggrin]

Unfortunately he had a few others ... mostly due to soundtracks

Peter Cetera def had more than one hit ! either by himself or as part of Chicago

In fact 6 top40 singles and 2 number ones !

And thats as a solo artist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Cetera

OK, so "Wild Thing" by the Troggs

"96 Tears" by Question Mark and the Mysterions (About our most popular cover when I played in a band in High School)

"Dirty Water" by the Standells

Dan Hartman actually had many hits... Relight my Fire, Count Down, This is it...etc. He also wrote and produce for other artists as well. had a big hit with Love Sensation by Lolita Holloway

Mind you many of his hits were in the disco era... Check this out it's an amazing piece of work, whether you like disco or not

Although I haven't read all the posts I've noticed several artists who were basically one hit wonders in North America but were big hits in other countries.One example was Christie with Yellow River who were very well known in Europe.Golden Earring were mentioned too but they were absolutely huge in Europe.One really great band from across the pond who were hardly heard of on this side of it,was Status Quo who turned out hit after hit such as the catchy Matchstick Men.Hedgehoppers Anonymous are another band who had only one chart hit here with It's Good News Week and they charted in NL,Canada with the catchy Don't Push Me.Every Mother's Son had their one hit Come On Down To My Boat.Then there were The Cryan Shames (sic) with Sugar and Spice,The Critters with Mr. Dyingly Sad,The Left Banke with Walk Away Reneé,Crispian St. Peters with Pied Piper,The Scaffold with Thankyou Very Much,The Pipkins with Gimme Dat Ting,Marmalade with Reflections of My Life and The Flying Machine with the very beautiful Smile a Little Smile For Me Rosemarie.No doubt there are many others whom I can't remember right now but since I'm a fanatic for music trivia-especially from the 60s and 70s-some more will come to mind.

Archived