Gibson Brands Forums

Whew! 32 Years ago today.

cookieman15061

I married the girl of my dreams.

She loves me, my guitars and my music. She's my best friend and confidant. She makes me a better person and laughs at my humor.

At 53 she's still the most beautiful woman I've ever met.msp_thumbup.gif

Sorry boys she's taken.

love001.jpg

Damn Cookie, I am not one to judge such things on looks, but that's proof right there that guitar players DO get the hot ones!

Gratz on keeping the marriage going, for both of you. It really does say a lot.

cookie,

I'm with Stein. To hell with the Drummers! You done really good. [thumbup]

You know, the smartest & best out there "always" hire or surround themselves with people that are better at things than them. It's just a fact that works. So if that's what you did, then it shows your true colors in leadership.

Congrats to you both. Hope you have another 50 yrs with your bride!! God Bless.

Aster

Congratulations! That is good to hear. 33 years for us this coming November. We don't often hear of folks been at it long as us.

This one time, in Epcot, we were waiting to have this wine guy sign an Iron Horse Fairy Tale bottle for us, it was around our 30th. There was a few others in line with us and we were all jawing with the wine guy while he got the sparkly sharpie to work. We was first, handed him a bottle, said something like how 'bout happy 30th? Sure! He says. We were pretty proud of ourselves. Wine guy says 34 for us this year. Awesome! says us. Couple next to us on the right says 36 for us. Behind them says 35 for us. Couple to my left says 41 for them this year.

Never felt so good about feeling so dumb in my life!

rct

My sincere congrats to you and Ms. Cookie. I too, have been married for 32 years, but it's been to three different people over various life spans. I'm sure it's not been as much fun as your's. [thumbup]

Congrats, Cookieman. Have many, many more years together. Pretty tough finding something better than a good woman. My wife and I celebrated 42-years in February. You know, once a man is married 30-years he's considered a saint. No kidding. So, you've become part of a pretty select group of guys...lol....Btw, ain't women cool? Can't live with them and you sure-as-hell can't live without them. [thumbup]

Yeah it kinda flies by when your busy making other plans to quote a well known songwriter.

We're gonna do it up right. I got us a hotel room in the middle of town for the weekend and tickets for the Eric Clapton concert Saturday night. Primo dinner reservations and beautiful weather all weekend. Should be a great time.

Thanks everbody for the kind words.msp_thumbup.gif

You know, once a man is married 30-years he's considered a saint. No kidding.

Wait.....

I have a question.....

Do all 30 of the years have to be to the same woman, or can you sorta, you know, split them up.....?

Congrats and yep I'll hit 32 years middle of the month and she's still my very best friend and I love her more than the day I said I do. I am glad she almost 50 though and maybe someday people will actually believe she's my wife and not my daughter. She looks just the same year after year she's getting scary kind of like the picture of Dorian Grey where I age for her or something. She could probably still wear her wedding dress and me well let's say I could still rent a tux and leave it at that. I read the statement about how if a man was married for 30 years he was a saint and I hope so maybe that will help me squeeze past the Pearly Gates without heavens bouncers saying oh look it's him! Being more honest at least in my world my wife is the Saint. Hell I'm a musician and a full time artist now, I'm moody and deal with OCD and I can be really messy since I'm so focused on my work I leave a trail of destruction through the house almost everyday. And my wife put's up with that and still loves me, yeah that's sainthood for sure. I sure as hell wouldn't put up with a person like me [crying]

The most amazing thing is that in 32 years Ive never seen her not smiling for more than a hour or so, I'm serious she such a happy person and it's all natural 100% drug free. I'm basically a happy person but I have to work at it in almost every part of my life but with her. Life can be hard but marriage nope that's easy at least if you marry your best friend it is.

Archived