Gibson Brands Forums

N.G.D.

moparguy

been courting this guitar for a few weeks and haggling with Guitar Center about the same amount of time and they finally gave me $200.00 of the sticker and 18 months no intrest so I pulled the trigger. Its a Gibson SG Standard with classic 57s in it. It plays really nice sounds great. I wasn't much on the SG body style till I owned and Epi SG, now I love em, the whole neck is free, no body in the way. 003_zps63e46259.jpg 004_zpsdff6d2e2.jpg 005_zpsc1c31b8c.jpg 006_zps69674c75.jpg 007_zpscf499eef.jpg

been courting this guitar for a few weeks and haggling with Guitar Center about the same amount of time and they finally gave me $200.00 of the sticker and 18 months no intrest so I pulled the trigger. Its a Gibson SG Standard with classic 57s in it. It plays really nice sounds great. I wasn't much on the SG body style till I owned and Epi SG, now I love em, the whole neck is free, no body in the way. 003_zps63e46259.jpg 004_zpsdff6d2e2.jpg 005_zpsc1c31b8c.jpg 006_zps69674c75.jpg 007_zpscf499eef.jpg

Great looking guitar

My favorite color, finish and pup setup for that model

I know I'm a bit prejudiced, but for my money there's only one guitar that's a board and neck type that's a "gotta have." It's the SG or doggone serious equivalent. It plays well standing or sitting for me, and is far more versatile than some folks would give it credit. It'll play anything for you if it decides it likes you.

So... congrats... it's also a gorgeous piece as well.

m

I see you finally got your new SG, how is it?

Cjsinla...it's Great, truly! [love] Well worth the wait! [thumbup][biggrin]

I looked at a new SG Standard (while I was waiting on my KDSG to have a bone

nut installed), that was identical to Moparguy's new SG Standard!

Based on what I experienced, just in that short time, they are Great sounding,

and playing, as well. Gibson's hit some major "Home Runs," with these recently

released SG's! Even the newer Tribute models, seem to have much better beveling,

and the '60's style horn tapering, also. Way To Go, Gibson! Keep up the excellent

work! =D>

CB

I got one more guitar to go and Ill have the big 4. I want an American tele and a marshall amp and Im done

hahahahahahahaha!!!

Do you even believe what you wrote! (JK).

Nice SG, I have two, (Standard and a Classic) I could easily see myself with a 3rd. Awesome guitars with great fret access and no stress on the back and shoulders.

I think that's a Chinese copy. Send it to me for inspection here in the UK. I promise I'll send it back. ;-)

Excellent Choice!!!

I found the SG a joy to play. Easy to shoulder, great neck and could always find the sound I was after.

Sadly, let a great one go to make room for something else. Lately, I've been thinking about getting another one. I'm not getting any younger and guitar weight is becoming even more of an issue.

Something to think about further down the road. None of us are getting any younger.

But, right now, enjoy the honeymoon!

HNGD.jpg

Looks like another beauty arrives home with someone. I'm going to have to find my SG and see if I can warm up to it this winter. I admit that I've just not given it much play time that it deserves.

Congrats on the new git.

Aster

Archived