Gibson Brands Forums

Best hot sauce

sparquelito

Okay, this is an invitation to list your favorite hot sauces.

I don't mean to say, "name the hottest hot sauce you ever heard of", but rather, offer-up the hot sauce or hot sauces that regularly grace your table at home or at work.

My favorites, in descending order:

#3: A tie; Tapatío Salsa Picante and Cholula Hot Sauce, both made in Mexico.

Great flavors, complex colors, mild heat, and a good finish.

If I were on a mission to Mars, I would proudly bring these along.

#2: Texas Pete's, a Louisiana-style hot sauce manufactured by the TW Garner Food Company in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.

Tasty, reliable, and just right on eggs and sausage in the morning.

My go-to hot-wing sauce.

#1: Schlotzsky's Hot Sauce, another Louisianna-style hot sauce, offered up for sale at the sandwich, pizza, and salad shops of the same name.

Killer-great flavor, acceptable heat, and always in demand at my house.

Morning, noon, and night.

Honorable mentions include Sriracha, Frank's Red Hot, and Valentina's.

Okay.

Let's hear about yours.

And please bear in mind, there IS no wrong answer.

GO!!

[woot]

Hot-Sauce-Month-Club.jpeg

#2: Texas Pete's, a Louisiana-style hot sauce manufactured by the TW Garner Food Company in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.

I like Texas Pete, but that is just funny. [biggrin]

I'll add a few more.

Kick Yo A**. There are a few others by the same manufacturer with similar names Like "A** Kickin" and "Dumb A**" but the Kick Yo is hardest to find and the best. It's best added to something like soup or chili, not added directly on like a condiment.

The ones you mentioned, I too like the Cholula and Siracha

For eggs I like Tabasco or the Louisiana's Pure Crystal.

My favorite.........tried it as a novelty, but LOVE it.

gb_red_2pack_zpsd0ou32r2.jpg

Made by Dexter of the band the Offspring.

Great flavor.......not one of those that just overwhelms with heat. Can't eat pizza anymore without it.

They have a Green and a new Super Hot that I have not tried yet.

Good old Tobasco still works for me in a pinch.

NHTom

I think I'm addicted to sriracha.

I love that stuff.

I like all kinds of hot sauce.

Some favs are good ole tobasco.

Franks is ok but it's a little tame.

I really like valentina.

And I freakin love chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.

I have no use for the insanely hot stuff. That stuff is more geared toward macho endurance than

any kind of flavor profile.

Just thinkin about hot sauce makes me mout water.

Joe Perry's Rock Your World BoneYard Brew.

I've never opened it, I have one of the early signed bottles with a pick sealed in there, it's in a plastic box he sent it in. I had another regular bottle of it and gave it to a lady at work that was a giant Aerosmith fan.

The early bottles had a phone number with them, you were supposed to call and tell them what you thought. I called, he answered, we talked about guitars and why they put his name on the front of the black one they did back then, which prevented me from buying it. I told him I never opened the sauce and he was ok with that. A nice guy, and nothin gets me hotter than him in a leather duster and no shirt bashing it out on whatever guitar he wants, and I'm a lifetime hetero.

Couple years later we were at Kasmir on Newbury, his favorite restaurant. He was there, we were two tables away and he didn't ask me for an autograph, which is my favorite Joe Perry story and I still laugh at it.

I was going to ask for his autograph but I had nothing on me to sign and I didn't want to bother him, but we exchanged hellos and smiles when him and his Mrs left.

I don't really like hot food. Kasmir was awesome though, had some great Moroccan and some great Moroccan beer.

rct

Okay.

Let's hear about yours.

And please bear in mind, there IS no wrong answer.

GO!!

Cool topic... I mean hot topic! [biggrin]

Though you already mentioned many of my favorites...

For mexican food I like to splash on Cholula, Tapatio, or Valentina.

Texas Pete is good on eggs, but my favorite on fried eggs is Crystal.

For chicken wings, Frank's Red Hot can't be beat... mix half butter, half Franks, a few good dashes of a dark soy sauce and a big spoon of fresh chopped jalapenos. Cover your chicken wings liberally. Make you wanna slap your granny.

Louisiana brand is a good all around too - a lot like Texas Pete's. It goes well on my anything.

i like louisiana crystal as well, and texas pete. but i especially love wasaby (spelling?). love to put so much wasaby on blackened tuna that it almost taste my breath away, and my eyes tear up... really opens up your sinuses .

My favorite subject. I like lots of hot sauces. Can't stand that tobacco sauce, tastes too much like vinegar. When I was at the railroad I bought the hottest stuff, that's what I like. I tried all that Kick Your A&& line of stuff. Lots of them were ok. But the Pain is Good was good. I bought stuff from Kansas. The best was The Final Answer. There were three brands and the hottest and best was The Bomb. It was rated at one million Schofield units. Meaning it took one million gallons of water to delute one drop. Yep, water didn't cut it, it just spread the pain. We drank Pepsi and put that stuff on everything. Only took the very tip of a toothpick to put that stuff in a bowl of chili and stir very well. Still brought tears to the eyes. But that's what I've done since a kid. I got broke in on hot sauces in Mexico as a teen. The hottest stuff you get in restaurants tastes very mild to me. Taco Bell stuff is a joke. I use Sriracha and a blend of others at home for chili.

We have these peppers called Datil that grow (apparently) here in NE Florida and nowhere else. They are a lot like a scotch bonnet - pretty hot and slightly sweet. All the local restaurants have Dat'l Do It sauce and there are quite a few other good local brands. I particularly like it on eggs, but locals love it on seafood too. Since it's a bit sweet it works really well with BBQ as well.

300.jpg

Now a days I can only DREAM of having anything HOT. Reflux is up, Hot is out. When I did I really liked Louisiana brand myself. Loved it on LJS fish (old day style when they cut up their own fish. Then dipped and fried it while you came down the line). Can't have that anymore either. RATS!!!!

Aster

Frank's Hot Sauce is what they use in Buffalo to make authentic Buffalo Wings. Now you know. [biggrin]

franks-hot-sauce.jpg

I use this when I make BBQ sauce along with a few other hotter things.

I'm not big on sauces but salsa goes on a lot of things, usually a semi local variety made in San Antonio - Clint's Hot Salsa. I'm not sure how far outside of Texas it's sold although you can order it directly from their website.

Dang it, because of this thread I went and tried some of the Louisiana Hot Sauce on my scrambled eggs yesterday. Man, my gullet is still burning from my acid reflux burn as the aftermath. It sure did taste good however with the eggs doctored up. [biggrin] Oh well, maybe only once or twice a year for that. :rolleyes:

Aster

Archived